Facial Aging Simulation by Patch-Based Texture Synthesis with Statistical Wrinkle Aging Pattern Model
We propose a method for synthesizing a photorealistic human aged-face image based on the patch-based texture synthesis using a set of human face images of a target age. The advantage of our method is that it synthesizes an aged-face image with fine skin texture such as spots and pigments of facial skin, as well as age-related facial wrinkles without blurs (such as those resulting from lack of accurate pixel-wise alignments as in the linear combination model) while maintaining the quality of the original image.
KeywordsAutomatic Facial aging Image patch Texture synthesis Wrinkle Agind pattern Statistical model
This work was supported by the “R&D Program for Implementation of Anti-Crime and Anti-Terrorism Technologies for a Safe and Secure Society”, funds for integrated promotion of social system reform and research and development of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, the Japanese Government.
- 2.Geng X, Zhou Z-H, Smith-Miles KF (2007) Automatic age estimation based on facial aging patterns. IEEE Trans PAMI 29(12):2234–2240Google Scholar
- 3.Lanitis A, Taylor CJ, Cootes TF (2002) Toward automatic simulation of aging effects on face images. IEEE Trans PAMI 24(4):442–455Google Scholar
- 4.Noh J-Y, Fidaleo D, Neumann U (2000) Animated deformations with radial basis functions. In: Proceedings of ACM Symposium on VRST’00, pp 166–174Google Scholar
- 5.Park U, Tong Y, Jain AK (2010) Age invariant face recognition. IEEE Trans PAMI 32(5): 947–954Google Scholar
- 6.Patterson E, Ricanek K (2006) Automatic representation of adult aging in facial images. In: Proceedings of the 6th IASTED international conference on VIIP 2006, pp 171–176Google Scholar
- 8.Ricanek K Jr, Tesafaye T (2006) MORPH: a longitudinal image database of normal adult age-progression. In: IEEE 7th international conference on FG 2006, pp 341–345Google Scholar
- 10.Scherbaum K, Sunkel M, Seidel H-P, Blanz V (2007) Prediction of individual non-linear aging trajectories of faces. Comput Graph Forum 26(3):85–294Google Scholar
- 11.Tanaka M, Kamio R, Okutomi M (2012) Seamless image cloning by a closed form solution of a modified poisson problem. In: ACM SIGGRAPH ASIA 2012, Posters, 15Google Scholar
- 12.Tazoe Y, Gohara H, Maejima A, Morishima S (2012) Facial aging simulator considering geometry and patch-tiled texture. In: ACM SIGGRAPH 2012, Posters, 46Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang L, Tsukiji S, Ai H, Lao S (2005) A fast and robust automatic face alignment system. In: IEEE international conference on ICCV 2005 (Demo Program)Google Scholar