Cellular Networks with \(\alpha \)-Ginibre Configurated Base Stations
We consider a cellular network model with base stations configurated according to the \(\alpha \)-Ginibre point process with \(\alpha \in (0,1]\), which is one of the determinantal point processes. In this model, we focus on the asymptotic behavior of the so-called coverage probability (or link success probability) as the threshold value tends to \(0\) and \(\infty \), and discuss the Padé approximation of the coverage probability at \(0\) and the dependence on \(\alpha \in (0,1]\) of the asymptotic constant at \(\infty \) both numerically and theoretically.
KeywordsCellular network Ginibre point process \(\alpha \)-Ginibre Determinantal point process SINR Coverage probability Padé approximation Stochastic geometry
The authors would like to thank the referee for his/her comments. The first author (NM)’s work was supported in part by JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) 25330023. The second author (NM)’s work was supported in part by JSPS Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B) 22340020.
- 3.Baccelli, F., Błaszczyszyn, B.: Stochastic Geometry and Wireless Networks, Vol. I: Theory/Volume II: Applications. Foundations and Trends(R) in Networking 3, 249–449/ 4, 1–312 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Kostlan, E.: On the spectra of Gaussian matrices. Directions in matrix theory (Auburn, AL, 1990). Linear Algebra Appl. 162(164), 385–388 (1992)Google Scholar
- 9.Miyoshi, N., Shirai, T.: A cellular network model with Ginibre configurated base stations. To appear in Advances in Applied Probability (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Nakata, I., Miyoshi, N.: Spatial stochastic models for analysis of heterogeneous cellular networks with repulsively deployed base stations. To appear in Performance Evaluation (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Nagamatsu, H., Miyoshi, N., Shirai, T.: Padé approximation for coverage probability in cellular networks. Proc. 12th Int’l Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt), pp. 699–706, Hammamet, Tunisia, May 2014Google Scholar
- 13.Shirai, T.: Ginibre-type point processes and their asymptotic behavior. To appear in J. Math. Soc. Japan. http://mathsoc.jp/publication/JMSJ/inpress.html