Serviceological View of the Development of a Person Trip Survey Application
We are planning to introduce a new public transportation system, called the smart access vehicle (SAV) system, to Hakodate City. For this purpose, since November 2012 we have been conducting a PT survey in which people run the dedicated smartphone application that we are developing. The process of developing the application forms the so-called design-service loop, consisting of design by simulation, implementation in the real world, and analysing/modelling. We have iterated the loop twice so far. In this chapter, we present the phenomena occurring within the loops and the actions we have taken in response to these phenomena.
KeywordsApplication development Design-service loop Person trip survey
This research was supported by RISTEX, JST.
- 1.Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (1999) Report of person trip survey in Hakodate City. http://www.mlit.go.jp/crd/tosiko/pt/city/hakodate/02.html. Accessed 19 March 2014
- 2.JSTE Probe Person Research Group. Official Site http://www.probe-data.jp/eng/index.html. Accessed 13 May 2013
- 3.Nakashima H, Fujii H, Suwa M (2013) Designing methodology for innovative service system. In: Proceedings of the ICServ2013, pp 187–192, Society for ServiceologyGoogle Scholar
- 4.Nakashima H, Matsubara H, Hirata K, Shiraishi Y, Sano S, Kanamori R, Noda I, Yamashita T, Koshiba H (2013) Design of the smart access vehicle system with large scale MA simulation. In: Proceedings of the MASS2013. http://www.itolab.nitech.ac.jp/MASS2013/. Accessed 19 March 2014
- 5.Wikipedia, Participatory design. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participatory_design. Accessed 13 May 2013