Multi-Chain Spin-Peierls Systems
We will investigate the multi-chain and the two-dimensional spin-Peierls systems with the interchain phonon interaction. An effective spin model will be discussed where the biquadratic spin-interaction term appears by tracing out the lattice degree of freedom. Considering the scaling dimension of the interaction, the ground state of the multi-chain and the two-dimensional system will have the dimer order when the interchain interaction is unfrustrated. On the other hand, the dimer order is likely to disappear for the fully frustrated chains. The expected phase diagram of the two-dimensional spin-Peierls model will be shown; the two different-pattern dimer phases are separated by the parameter line of fully frustrated interchain interaction. The interesting phase transition will occur between the gapless spin liquid phase and the macroscopically degenerated dimer phase on the line.
KeywordsInterchain phonon interaction Frustrated multi spin-Peierls chain Spin liquid Macroscopically degenerated dimer phase
- 3.Steven Kivelson, A., Rokhsar Daniel, S., Sethna James, P. (1987). Topology of the resonating valence-bond state: Solitons and high-T, superconductivity. Physics Review B, 35, 8865–8868.Google Scholar
- 5.Mastrogiuseppe, D., Gazza, C., & Dobry, A. (2008). Dimerization process and elementary excitations in spin-Peierls chains coupled by frustrated interactions. Journal of Physics: Condense Matter, 20, 135–223.Google Scholar
- 7.Nersesyan, A., Tsvelik, A. M. (2003). Spinons in more than one dimension: Resonance valence bond state stabilized by frustration. Physical Review B, 67, 024422.Google Scholar
- 10.Starykh, O. A., Balents, L. (2004). Dimerized phase and transitions in a spatially anisotropic square lattice antiferromagnet. Physics Review Letter, 93, 127–202.Google Scholar
- 11.Tsvelik, A. M. (2004). Confinement and deconfinement of spinons in a frustrated spin-1/2 Heisenberg model. Physical Review B, 70, 134–412.Google Scholar