Fluctuation Induced Structure in Chemical Reaction with Small Number of Molecules
We investigate the behaviors of chemical reactions of the Lotka-Volterra model with small number of molecules; hence the occurrence of random fluctuations modifies the deterministic behavior and the law of mass action is replaced by a stochastic model. We model it by using Abstract Rewriting System on Multisets, ARMS; ARMS is a stochastic method of simulating chemical reactions and it is based on the reaction rate equation. We confirmed that the magnitude of fluctuations on periodicity of oscillations becomes large, as the number of involved molecules is getting smaller; and these fluctuations induce another structure, which have not observed in the reactions with large number of molecules. We show that the underling mechanism through investigating the coarse grained phase space of ARMS.
KeywordsArtificial Chemistries Lotka-Volterra Model Small Number Effects Chemical reactions with a small number of molecules
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Manca, V.: String rewriting and metabolism: a logical perspective, in Computing with Bio-Molecules. In: Theory and Experiments, pp. 36–60. Springer, Singapore (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Nicolis, G., Prigogine, I.: Exploring Complexity, An Introduction. Freeman and Company, San Francisco (1989)Google Scholar
- 7.Ohkubo, J., Shnerb, N., Kesselar, D.A.: Transition Phenomena Induced by Internal Noise and Quasi-Absorbing State. J. Phisical Society Japan 77(4), 044002-1 – 042005 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Suzuki, Y., Tsumoto, S., Tanaka, H.: Analysis of Cycles in Symbolic Chemical System based on Abstract Rewriting System on Multisets. In: Artificial Life V, pp. 482–489. MIT Press, Cambridge (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Suzuki, Y., Fujiwara, Y., Takabayashi, J., Tanaka, H.: Artificial Life Applications of a Class of P Systems: Abstract Rewriting System on Multisets. In: Calude, C.S., Pun, G., Rozenberg, G., Salomaa, A. (eds.) Multiset Processing. LNCS, vol. 2235, p. 299. Springer, Heidelberg (2001)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Suzuki, Y., Tanaka, H.: Modeling P53 signaling network by using multiset processing. In: Applications of Membrane Computing, pp. 203–215. Springer, Tokyo (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Umeki, M., Suzuki, Y.: A Simple Membrane Computing Method For Simulating Bio-chemical Reactions 27(3), 529–550 (2008)Google Scholar