3D Process Simulation at IEMN/ISEN
This paper addresses the current fields of interest at IEMN/ISSN concerning 3D process simulation. The emphasis is on the diffusion and oxidation steps and the associated issue of 3D mesh generation. For each step, the achievements are presented with special attention to the numerical aspects. In particular, the principles underlying local remeshing are discussed.
KeywordsMesh Generation Nitride Layer Oxidation Step Move Boundary Problem Dopant Diffusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Fichtner et al, “Multidimensional TCAD: the PROMPT/DESSIS approach,” this workshop.Google Scholar
- B. Baccus, D. Collard, E. Dubois and D. Morel, “IMPACT-4, a general two-dimensional multi-layer process simulator,” In Proc. Simulation, of Semiconductor Devices and Processes, Eds. G. Baccarani and M. Rudan, Vol. 3, pp. 255–266, 1988.Google Scholar
- V. Senez, D. Collard, P. Ferreira and B. Baccus, “Simulation of advanced field oxidation using calibrated viscoelastic stress analysis,” In Proc. IEDM’9/r Conf., pp. 881–884, 1994.Google Scholar
- N. Hitschfeld, Grid Generation for Three-Dimensional Non-Rectangular Semiconductor Devices, Hartung-Gorre, PhD thesis, ETH Zürich. 1993Google Scholar
- P.L George, Automatic Mesh Generation - Application to Finite Element Methods Wiley, 1991.Google Scholar
- S. Bozek, B. Baccus, V. Senez and Z.Z. Wang, “Mesh Generation for 3D Process Simulation and the Moving Boundary Problem,” In Proc. Simulation of Semiconductor Devices and Processes, vol. 6, 1995.Google Scholar
- C.P. Ho, J.D. Plummer, S.E. Hansen and R.W. Dutton, “VLSI process modelling–SUPREM III,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. ED-30, pp. 1438–1453, 1983.Google Scholar
- B. Baccus, D. Collard, P. Ferreira, V. Senez and E. Vandenbossche, IMPACT-4 user’s guide, ISEN, Lille, February 1995.Google Scholar
- C.C. Lin, M.E. Law and R.E. Lowther, “Automatic grid refinement and higher order flux discretizations of diffusion modelling,” IEEE Trans. on Computer aided design, vol. CAD-12, p. 436, 1993.Google Scholar
- J.P. Peng and G.R. Srinivasan, “Non-Linear Visco-Elastic Modeling of Thermal Oxidation of SiO2,” Nasecode VII Tech. Dig, Ed. J. J. H. Miller, Front Range Press, Boulder, Co., USA, 1991.Google Scholar
- P. Conti and W Fichtner, “Automatic grid generation for 3D device simulation,” Simulation of Semiconductor Devices and Processes, Eds. G. Baccarani and M. Rudan, Vol. 3, pp. 497–505, 1988.Google Scholar