Implementation of a Real-Time Trajectory Planner Incorporating End-Effector Collision Avoidance for a Manipulator Arm
This paper describes the initial development of a real-time trajectory planner for a robotic manipulator arm. The planner is enhanced with the ability for the end-effector to avoid unknown obstacles in the workspace based on on-line proximity sensor data. The arm trajectory is planned in the cartesian workspace in order to allow the incorporation of the interpreted proximity sensor data. The trajectory is then converted into joint coordinates to command the servo-control loops.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Espiau, B. “Closed-loop control of robots with local environment sensing: principles and applications”, 2nd Int. Symposium on Robotics Research, Kyoto, 1984.Google Scholar
- Espiau, B. and Boulic, R. “Collision avoidance for redundant robots with proximity sensors”, 3rd Int. Symposium Robotics Research, MIT Press, 1986.Google Scholar
- Good, M.C. Sweet, L.M. and Strobel, K.L. “Dynamic models for control system design of integrated robot and drive systems”, ASME, J. Dynamic Systems, Meas. and Control, 107, 1985.Google Scholar
- Hogan, N. “Programmable impedance control of industrial manipulators”, Conference on CAD/CAM Technology, MIT, Cambridge, USA, 1981.Google Scholar
- Khatib, O. “Real-time obstacle avoidance for manipulators and Mobile robots”, Int. Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 5, No. 1, 1986.Google Scholar
- Kircanski, M. and Vukobratovic, M. “Contribution to control of redundant robotic manipulator in an environment with obstacles”, Int. J. Rob. Res., Vol. 5, No. 4, 1986. Lozano-Perez, T. and Wesley, M.A. “An algorithm for planning collision-free paths among polyhedral obstacles” Comm. ACM 22, 10, pp 560–570, 1979.Google Scholar
- Paul, R. “Manipulator cartesian path control”, IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, Cybernetics, Vol. SMC-9, No. 11, 1979.Google Scholar
- Taylor, R.H. “Planning and execution of straight line manipulator trajectories”, IBM J. of Research and Development, Vol. 23, 1979.Google Scholar