Vibration Monitoring and Mechanical Fault Diagnostics on Large Rotating Machinery in ENEL Power Plants
The paper shortly describes the diagnostic methods and points out the relevant activities that in the most recent time have been carried out systematically and in particular those activities related to an extensive program for the vibration signature (base line) of turbine generator sets. For the purpose the machines design was modified in order to install new transducers and improvements was achieved in developing mathematical models, data processing software, acquisition systems, including mobile laboratories.
Advanced diagnostic oriented vibration monitoring systems (SMAV) have been specified by ENEL and two prototypes will be installed at the end of this year on turbo generator sets. The main characteristics of “SMAV” are described and some indication of the future development of such systems are also mentioned; these development are mainly related to special alarm logic and data reduction for an easy information recovery.
The strategies that were developed for steam turbine plants and that caused the above mentioned actions are being to be adapted and applied to turbogas plants.
KeywordsTurbine Generator Incipient Fault Vibration Monitoring Diagnostic Activity Shaft Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.DYTSO4 USER’S GUIDE-CEGB-RD/L/P-15/80-JOB No. VE316Google Scholar
- 2.P.A.L.L.A. - A Package to Analise the Dynamic Behaviour of a Rotor-Supporting Structure Si stemGoogle Scholar
- 3.C. Frigeri, M. Pastorino, G.A. Zanetta: Investigations on the vibrational behaviour of gas turbogenerator units at the first start-up: aims and methodology. A case history on a 120 MW unitGoogle Scholar
- 4.G. Diana, A. Vallini, A. Vania, G.A. Zanetta: On-line diagnostic techniques in condition monitoringGoogle Scholar
- 5.G.L. Lapini, M. Zippo, M. Bachschmid, A. Collina, A. Vallini: Experimental tests and model based calculation for the diagnosis of a crack in a 320MW generatorGoogle Scholar
- 6.R. Benanti, C. Frigeri, A. Vallini, G.A. Zanetta: Diagnostic Oriented Flexural Vibration Monitoring Systems for Large Turbogenerator Units. AIPnD Int.Conf. on “Monitiring and Predictive Maintenance of Plants and Structures ” — Florence (ITALY) 17= 20 May 1992Google Scholar