Best-fit method for the calibration of 3D objects using a laser line sensor mounted on the flange of an articulated robot
- 1.6k Downloads
Industrial robots are often equipped with external sensors that help perform the required production tasks. These sensors may be optical, tactile or force-torque sensors. Depending on the sensor, the measuring range can cover a one-dimensional, two-dimensional or threedimensional space. More specifically, laser line sensors are often used for inspection and calibration of 3D objects. Implementing an intuitive calibration method of such sensors on the robot flange is a challenging task. This is due to the fact that robotic applications and measurements are usually implemented with the presence of noise. As a result, best-fit methods or filters are implemented in order to realize an effective usage of the sensors. This paper deals with the concept of calibrating laser line sensors in order to measure cylindrical components using a bestfit method. Moreover, a modular control system for configuration and operation of the station with a variety of interfaces is discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.DIN EN ISO 8373: Industrieroboter - Wörterbuch (ISO 8373:1994); Deutsche Fassung EN ISO 8373:1996.Google Scholar
- 2.Feldmann, K., Schppner, V., Spur G.: Handbuch Fgen, Handhaben, Montieren. ISBN:978-3-446-42827-0.Google Scholar
- 3.LMI Technologies: https://lmi3d.com/.
- 6.Shah, M., Eastman, R. D., Hong, T.: An Overview of Robot-Sensor Calibration Methods for Evaluation of Perception Systems. Proceedings of the Workshop on Performance Metrics for Intelligent Systems, PerMIS’12, ACM, 2012, pp. 15-20.Google Scholar
- 8.Müller, R., Vette-Steinkamp, M., Masiak, T., Kanso, A.: Position and Orientation Calibration of a 2D Laser Line Sensor using Closed-form least-squares solution for a Human-Robot-Collaborative riveting process. Saarbr¨ucken, (2018).Google Scholar
- 9.Müller, R., Vette-Steinkamp, M., Geenen, A., Masiak, T., Kanso, A.: Methodology for design of mechatronics based on suitability for modern application scenarios. In: Conf. International Federation of Automation Control Papers On Line 50(1):12727-12733, Oct., 2017.Google Scholar
- 10.Kuipers, J. B.: Quaternions and Rotation Sequence. New Jersey (1999).Google Scholar