Topo-Logic as a Dynamic-Epistemic Logic
- 671 Downloads
We extend the ‘topologic’ framework  with dynamic modalities for ‘topological public announcements’ in the style of Bjorndahl . We give a complete axiomatization for this “Dynamic Topo-Logic”, which is in a sense simpler than the standard axioms of topologic. Our completeness proof is also more direct (making use of a standard canonical model construction). Moreover, we study the relations between this extension and other known logical formalisms, showing in particular that it is co-expressive with the simpler (and older) logic of interior and global modality [1, 4, 10, 14]. This immediately provides an easy decidability proof (both for topologic and for our extension).
- 1.Aiello, M.: Theory and practice. Ph.D. thesis, ILLC, Univerisity of Amsterdam (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Baltag, A.: To know is to know the value of a variable. In: Proceedings of the 11th Advances in Modal Logic, pp. 135–155 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Bjorndahl, A.: Topological subset space models for public announcements. In: Trends in Logic, Outstanding Contributions: Jaakko Hintikka (2016, to appear)Google Scholar
- 8.Georgatos, K.: Modal logics for topological spaces. Ph.D. thesis, City University of New York (1993)Google Scholar
- 13.Moss, L.S., Parikh, R.: Topological reasoning and the logic of knowledge. In: Proceedings of the 4th TARK, pp. 95–105. Morgan Kaufmann (1992)Google Scholar