Customer Analytics Part I
As a precursor to understanding and applying customer management concepts, it is necessary to define measures or metrics of marketing activities and their outcomes. This chapter reviews traditional marketing metrics and introduces various primary customer-based metrics for acquisition and customer activity measurement, before it explains some popular customer-based metrics. Some of the primary customer-based metrics introduced in this chapter form the inputs to derive customer value—the key metric that drives decision making in the age of data-based marketing.
- Blattberg, R. C., Getz, G., & Thomas, J. S. (2001). Customer equity: Building and managing relationships as valuable assets. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Business School Press.Google Scholar
- Fisher, L. (2016, May 6). The future of customer loyalty is card free. Marketing Week. 2016. https://www.marketingweek.com/2016/05/04/the-future-of-customer-loyalty-is-card-free/. Accessed March 24, 2017.
- Idea Cellular. (2015). Quarterly Report – Fourth Quarter Ended March 31, 2015. Idea Cellular Limited. https://www.ideacellular.com/wps/wcm/connect/7e8ce8c2-4dce-4417-b41b-099911c87fbc/QR_Q4FY15.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=7e8ce8c2-4dce-4417-b41b-099911c87fbc. Accessed March 24, 2017.
- Reinartz, W., & Kumar, V. (2002). The mismanagement of customer loyalty. Harvard Business Review, 80(7), 4–12.Google Scholar
- Rust, R. T., Zeithaml, V. A., & Lemon, K. N. (2000). Driving customer equity. New York: The Free Press.Google Scholar
- Schmittlein, D. C., & Morrison, D. G. (1985). Is the customer still active? The American Statistician, 39(4), 291–295.Google Scholar
- Tuttle, B. (2016, July 12). Why Amazon Prime is Pretty Much Already Unstoppable. Time. http://time.com/money/4402876/amazon-prime-powerful-retail-force/. Accessed April 4, 2017.