CRM Issues in the Business-To-Business Context
CRM is not only an important tool in markets directed toward end consumers but also plays a major role in the B2B context. This chapter serves to highlight the internal and external perspectives of Sales Force Management (SFM), an important construct of CRM strategy implementation in a setting where both parties involved are companies or institutions. With the main objectives being the building and maintenance of stronger buyer-seller relationships as well as managing the value of these relationships, SFM builds the central aspect of this chapter. The first part deals with the internal perspective and introduces Sales Force Automation (SFA) as a means to manage buyer-seller relationships both effectively and efficiently before introducing Key Account Management (KAM) as important link between buyer and seller which helps to allocate the right activities to the right customers. Instructions and suggestions on how to realize SFA benefits and successfully implementing a KAM program are also given. The external perspective of SFM is highlighted in the third part of this chapter where the ongoing shift from products to services or hybrid offerings at the core of B2B activities is discussed and guidelines for the execution of a successful shift are presented.
- 3M. (2015). Faszination Kleben 2015. March 2015. http://solutions.3mdeutschland.de/wps/portal/3M/de_DE/Automotive-OEM/automobilzulieferer/neuigkeiten/?PC_Z7_U00M8B1A0098F0A02O13N3AAK5000000_assetId=1361843735350. Accessed February 14, 2018.
- Ahlert, D., & Kawohl, J. (2008). Best Practices des Solution Sellings (Projektbericht, Vol. 1). Münster, Germany: Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität.Google Scholar
- Belz, C., Müllner, M., & Zupancic, D. (2004). Spitzenleistungen im Key Account Management—Das St. Galler KAM-Konzept. Frankfurt, Germany: Moderne Industrie.Google Scholar
- Businesswire. (2015). InvisibleCRM Announces Name Change to InvisibleSolutions and Launch of New Website. August 27. Businesswire. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150827005746/en/InvisibleCRM-Announces-Change-InvisibleSolutions-Launch-Website. Accessed October 6, 2016.
- Buttle, F. (2009). Customer relationship management-concepts and technologies. Amsterdam et al.: Elsevier.Google Scholar
- Capon, N. (2001). Key account management and planning. New York et al.: The Free Press.Google Scholar
- DMG MORI. (2017). One partner for all options – The number one for used machines! http://uk.dmgmori.com/lifecycle-services/used-machines. Accessed April 7, 2017.
- Ferguson, T. (2006). IBM shifts procurement HQ to China. October 13. CNet News. https://www.cnet.com/news/ibm-shifts-procurement-hq-to-china/. Accessed October 6, 2016.
- Hutt, M. D., & Speh, T. W. (2013). Business marketing management: B2B. Mason, OH: Thomson South-Western.Google Scholar
- Infosys. (2017). The Infosys Global Sales Force Automation solution increases sales force efficiency in 116 countries for a large logistics company. https://www.infosys.com/Oracle/case-studies/Pages/global-sales-force-automation.aspx. Accessed April 6, 2017.
- Jones, E., Sundaram, S., & Chin, W. (2002). Factors leading to sales force automation use: A longitudinal analysis. Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, 22(3), 145–156.Google Scholar
- Karlöf, B., & Lövingsson, F. H. (2005). The A-Z of management concepts and models. London: Thorogood.Google Scholar
- Klebert, S. (1999). Key Accounts Portfolios—Die Selektion von Schlüsselkunden. Absatzwirtschaft, 4, 44–45.Google Scholar
- Oracle. (2016a). Announcing Oracle Dynamic Hybrid Bundles Initiative. https://blogs.oracle.com/oraclepartners/entry/announcing_oracle_dynamic_hybrid_bundles. Accessed October 12, 2016.
- Oracle. (2016b). Oracle Fact Sheet. http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/oracle-fact-sheet-079219.pdf. Accessed October 12, 2016.
- SAP. (2016). SAP Extends Visibility, Decision Making to Line Managers With New Cloud Finance App. May 16. SAP News Center. http://news.sap.com/sap-extends-visibility-decision-making-to-line-managers-with-new-cloud-finance-app/. Accessed April 7, 2017.
- Sawhney, M., Balasubramanian, S., & Krishnan, V. V. (2004). Creating growth with services. MIT Sloan Management Review, 45(2), 34–43.Google Scholar
- Shankar, V., Berry, L. L., & Dotzel, T. (2007, February). Creating and managing hybrid innovations. AMA Winter Educators’ Conference, San Diego, CA.Google Scholar
- Shankar, V., Berry, L. L., & Dotzel, T. (2009). A practical guide to combining products + services. Harvard Business Review, 87(11), 94–99.Google Scholar
- Stanley, J. E., & Wojcik, P. J. (2005). Better B2B selling. McKinsey Quarterly, 38(3), 15.Google Scholar
- Winkelmann, P. (2013). Marketing und Vertrieb–Fundamente für die Marktorientierte Unternehmensführung. München, Germany: Oldenbourg.Google Scholar