Strategic CRM Today
The use of customer relationship management (CRM) as a strategic approach has become increasingly popular in recent decades, and that trend shows no signs of changing. It is critical for businesses to understand how strategic and customer-centric CRM can support their efforts to achieve their corporative objectives. Thus, this first chapter offers a detailed overview of the key terms and introduces important constructs that readers will need to recognize and understand if they hope to gain full comprehension of this topic. After defining strategic CRM in its current state and putting it in context with respect to the changing fields of consumers, the marketplace and the marketing function, this chapter outlines the benefits of strategic management of customer value. Finally, it details insights into the past, current, and future developments that have marked and continue to influence strategic CRM.
- Apple, & TechCrunch. (2016). Kumulierte Anzahl der weltweit heruntergeladenen Apps aus dem Apple App Store von Juli 2008 bis September 2016 (in Milliarden). In Statista – The Statistics Portal. https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/20149/umfrage/anzahl-der-getaetigten-downloads-aus-dem-apple-app-store/. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- Chaffey, D. (2014). Statistics on consumer mobile usage and adoption to inform your mobile marketing strategy mobile site design and app development. http://www.smartinsights.com/mobile-marketing/mobile-marketing-analytics/mobile-marketing-statistics/. Accessed December 28, 2016.
- Chaffey, D. (2016). Global social media research summary 2016. http://www.smartinsights.com/social-media-marketing/social-media-strategy/new-global-social-media-research/. Accessed December 28, 2016.
- Department of Economic and Social Affairs-Population Division. (2015). World Population Ageing 2015. http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/publications/pdf/ageing/WPA2015_Report.pdf. Accessed December 28, 2016.
- Direct Marketing Association (DMA). (2010). DMA releases 2010 response rate trend report. http://www.the-dma.org/cgi/dispannouncements?article=145. Accessed May 21, 2011.
- Facebook, We Are Social, WhatsApp, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, & Google. (2017). Most famous social network sites 2017, by active users. In Statista – The Statistics Portal. https://www.statista.com/statistics/272014/global-social-networks-ranked-by-number-of-users/. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Hartman Group. (2016). U.S. Grocery Shopping Trends, 2016. https://www.fmi.org/docs/default-source/webinars/trends-2017-webinar-7-18-2017.pdf. Accessed January 31, 2018.
- McKinsey. (2014). The digital tipping point: McKinsey Global Survey results. http://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/business-technology/our-insights/the-digital-tipping-point-mckinsey-global-survey-results. Accessed March 15, 2016.
- Nadeem, M. (2012). Social customer relationship management (SCRM): How connecting social analytics to business analytics enhances customer care and loyalty? International Journal of Business and Social Science, 3(21), 88–102.Google Scholar
- Smartinsights. (2015). 2015 Social network popularity by country. http://www.smartinsights.com/social-media-marketing/social-media-strategy/new-global-social-media-research/attachment/2015-social-network-popularity-by-country/. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Solomon, M. (2015). The year of the Millennial customer: Is your customer experience ready? http://www.forbes.com/sites/micahsolomon/2015/11/14/2016-is-the-year-of-the-millennial-customer-heres-how-to-be-ready/#2784a68f6e72. Accessed December 28, 2016.
- Statista. (2017). Video on demand. In Statista – The Statistics Portal. https://www.statista.com/outlook/201/100/video-on-demand/worldwide#takeaway. Accessed April 20, 2017.
- Stewart, J. B. (2016). Facebook has 50 minutes of your time each day. It Wants More. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/06/business/facebook-bends-the-rules-of-audience-engagement-to-its-advantage.html?_r=0. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- Sustainable Brands. (2015). Study: 81% of consumers say they will make personal sacrifices to address social, environmental issues. http://www.sustainablebrands.com/news_and_views/stakeholder_trends_insights/sustainable_brands/study_81_consumers_say_they_will_make_. Accessed December 28, 2016.
- Teixeira, T. S. (2014). The rising cost of consumer attention: Why you should care, and what you can do about it. Harvard Business School. Working Paper.Google Scholar
- Youtube. (2017). Durchschnittlicher Upload von Videomaterial bei YouTube pro Minute in ausgewählten Monaten von Mai 2008 bis Juli 2015 (in Stunden). In Statista – The Statistics Portal. https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/207321/umfrage/upload-von-videomaterial-bei-youtube-pro-minute-zeitreihe/. Accessed January 10, 2017.