A Virtual Music Control System Based on Dynamic Hand Gesture Recognition
Gesture Recognition technology has been widely used in virtual reality and human-computer interaction. This paper proposed a virtual music control system based on dynamic hand gesture recognition. The system mode was mainly designed and realized by three modules including control terminal, client terminal and the server. By capturing the gesture image sequence via a cellphone camera, the system is able to recognize information characters of gestures such as number of fingers and movement of gesture trace. Control terminal generate different instructions and send them to client terminal via server. Relative experiments showed that the interaction system had good applicability and portability.
KeywordsVirtual music Gesture segmentation Trajectory tracking Gesture recognition
This work is supported by the Projects of NSFC (61371191, 61201236), and Research Project of China SARFT (2015-53).
- 1.DAS EFFEKTORIUM. MUSEUM IM MENDELSSOHN-HAUS, LEIPZIG [DB/OL] (2014). http://235media.de/2014/02/museum-im-mendelssohn-haus-leipzig/?lang=de
- 2.Wei, Z., Yin, W., Cong, J., Qin, Z.: Comparative study of DMS and conventional stereo based on subjective evaluation experiment. In: 2013 Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Control and Information Processing (ICICIP), pp. 236–240 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Angelov, P., Gude, C., Sadeghi-Tehran, P., Ivanov, T.: Autonomous real—time object detection and tracking by a moving camera. In: 2012 6th IEEE International Conference Intelligent Systems (IS), pp. 446–452 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Lee, J.S., Lee, Y.J., Lee, E.H., et al.: Hand region extraction and gesture recognition from video stream with complex background through entropy analysis. In: Proceedings of the 26th Annual International Conference of the IEEE EMBS, San Francisco, CA, USA (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, X., Bao, H.: Gesture recognition based on adaptive genetic algorithm. J. Comput.-Aided Des. Comput. Graph. 08, 1056–1062 (2007). HangzhouGoogle Scholar
- 7.Ren, H., Zhu, Y., Xu, G., Zhang, X., Lin, X.: Hand gesture segmentation and recognition with complex backgrounds. Acta Automatica Sinica|Acta Autom Sin (02), 256–261 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhu, J., Wang, X., Wang, W., Dai, G.: Hand gesture recognition based on structure analysis. Chin. J. Comput. (12), 2130–2137 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Xiao, Z., Qin, H.: Human-computer interaction based on gaze tracking and gesture recognition. Comput. Eng. (15), 198–200 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Fan, B., Wang, M., Dong, Y.: Hand gesture segmentation based on skin color detection technology. Comput. Technol. Dev. 18(3), 105–108 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang, M., Zhongiu, Yu., Yao, S.: Image pretreatment research in recognition of handwritten numerals. Control Autom. 22(16), 256–258 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhong, F.: Machine-vision-based Gesture Recognition System. Wuhan University of Technology (2013)Google Scholar