KU Battle of Metaheuristic Optimization Algorithms 2: Performance Test
In the previous companion paper, six new/improved metaheuristic optimization algorithms developed by members of Hydrosystem laboratory in Korea University (KU) are introduced. The six algorithms are Cancer Treatment Algorithm (CTA), Extraordinary Particle Swarm Optimization (EPSO), Improved Cluster HS (ICHS), Multi-Layered HS (MLHS), Sheep Shepherding Algorithm (SSA), and Vision Correction Algorithm (VCA). The six algorithms are tested and compared through six well-known unconstrained benchmark functions and a pipe sizing problem of water distribution network. Performance measures such as mean, best, and worst solutions (under given maximum number of function evaluations) are used for the comparison. Optimization results are obtained from thirty independent optimization trials. Obtained Results show that some of the newly developed/improved algorithms show superior performance with respect to mean, best, and worst solutions when compared to other existing algorithms.
KeywordsCancer treatment algorithm Extraordinary particle swarm optimization Improved cluster HS Multi-Layered HS Sheep shepherding algorithm Vision correction algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kim, J.H., Geem, Z.W., Kim, E.S.: Parameter Estimation Of The Nonlinear Muskingum Model Using Harmony Search. JAWRA 37(5), 1131–1138 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.C.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proc. IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks (Perth, Australia), pp. 1942–1948. IEEE Service Center, Piscataway (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, J.H., Choi, Y.H., Choi, J.H., Lee, H.M, Choo, Y.M., Ngo, T.T., Lee, E.H., Yoo, D.G., Sadollah, A., Jung, D.H.: KU battle of metaheuristic optimization algorithms 1: development of six new algorithms. In: Proceedings of the 2015 ICHSA International Conference on Harmony Search Algorithm (Seoul, Korea) (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Saldarriaga, J., Paez, D., Cuero, P., Leon, N.: Optimal design of water distribution networks using mock open tree topology. In: World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, pp. 869–880 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Saldarriaga, J., Paez, D., Cuero, P., Leon, N.: Optimal power use surface for design of water distribution systems. In: 14th Water Distribution Systems Analysis Conference, WDSA 2012, Adelaide, South Australia, p. 468, September 24–27, 2012Google Scholar
- 12.Zheng, F., Simpson, A.R., Zecchin, A.C.: A combined NLP differential evolution algorithm approach for the optimization of looped water distribution systems. Water Resources Research 47(8) (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Rossman, L.: EPANet2 user’s manual. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC (2000)Google Scholar
- 14.Reca, J., Martínez, J.: Genetic algorithms for the design of looped irrigation water distribution networks. Water Resour. Res. 42(5) (2006)Google Scholar