- 509 Downloads
Along with neural dynamics (based on analog solvers) widely arising in scientific computation and optimization fields in recent decades which attracts extensive interest and investigation of researchers, a special type of neural dynamics, called Zhang dynamics (ZD), has been formally proposed by Zhang et al. for real-time solution of time-varying problems. By following Zhang et al.’s neural-dynamics design method, the ZD model, which is based on an indefinite Zhang function (ZF), can guarantee the exponential convergence performance for time-varying problems solving. In this chapter, for time-varying reciprocal finding, we propose, generalize, develop, and investigate different indefinite ZFs as the error-monitoring functions, which can lead to different ZD models. In addition, for the goal of developing the floating-point processors or coprocessors for the future generation of computers, the MATLAB Simulink modeling and simulative verifications of such different ZD models are presented. The modeling results further substantiate the efficacy of the proposed ZD models for time-varying reciprocal finding.
- 3.Kucukkabak U, Akkas A (2004) Design and implementation of reciprocal unit using table look-up and Newton-Raphson iteration. In: Proceedings of euromicro symposium on digital system design, pp 249–253Google Scholar
- 5.Antelo E, Lang T, Montuschi P, Sannarelli A (2005) Low latency digit-recurrence reciprocal and square-root reciprocal algorithm and architecture. In: Proceedings of the 17th IEEE symposium on computer arithmetic, pp 147–154Google Scholar
- 6.Agrawal G, Khandelwal A, Swartzlander EE Jr (2007) An improved reciprocal approximation algorithm for a Newton Raphson divider. In: Proceedings of advanced signal processing algorithms, architectures, and implementations XVII, pp 1–12Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang Y, Yi C (2011) Zhang neural networks and neural-dynamic method. Nova Science Publishers, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 14.Zhang Y, Guo X, Ma W (2008) Modeling and simulation of Zhang neural network for online time-varying equations solving based on MATLAB Simulink. In: Proceedings of the 7th international conference on machine learning and cybernetics, pp 805–810Google Scholar
- 15.Tan N, Chen K, Shi Y, Zhang Y (2009) Modeling, verification and comparison of Zhang neural net and gradient neural net for online solution of time-varying linear matrix equation. In: Proceedings of the 4th IEEE conference on industrial electronics and applications, pp 3698–3703Google Scholar