- 1.7k Downloads
e-Service refers to the provision and support of services remotely via information and communication components and services, and over electronic networks. Such services are not limited to the scope of businesses and organizations, and with the global approach to service-orientation, all e-Systems even e-Manufacturing systems are increasingly shifting towards the development and implementation of sound service practices over e-Networks. To achieve this end, this chapter first reviews the state-of-the-art developments in various e-Service industries, their commons characteristics, and emerging challenges. Then, techniques for service performance monitoring, evaluation, and optimization are discussed. Following the preliminary definitions, advanced service design, optimization, and control techniques are introduced, including Task Administration Protocols (TAP) for real-time e-Service design and monitoring, collaborative e-Service portal design, and protocols for diagnosis and prognosis of errors and conflicts in e-Service networks.
KeywordsUnify Modeling Language Conflict Resolution Service Industry Intelligent Transportation System Resource Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Berger, R., Hohwieler, E.: Service platform for web-based services. In: Proc. 36th CIRP Int. Semin. Manuf. Syst. Produktionstech, vol. 29, pp. 209–213 (2003)Google Scholar
- Bugge, J., Julian, D., Gundersen, L., Garnett, M.: Map of the future. ABB Rev. 2, 30–33 (2004)Google Scholar
- Fong, S., Meng, H.S.: A web-based performance monitoring system for e-government services. In: Proceedings of the ACM 3rd International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance, pp. 74–82 (2009)Google Scholar
- Ko, H.S., Nof, S.Y.: Design of protocols for task administration in collaborative production systems. International Journal of Computers, Communication and Control 1, 91–105 (2010)Google Scholar
- Ko, H.S., Nof, S.Y.: Modeling Task Administration Protocols for Human and Robot e-Workers. In: Duffy, V. (ed.) Handbook of Digital Human Modeling. Taylor & Francis (2008)Google Scholar
- Ola, K.: Lifecycle management for improved product and system availability. ABB Rev. Spec. Rep. Ind. Serv. 29, 36–37 (2004)Google Scholar