HANASUI: Multi-view Observable and Movable Fogscreen
In this paper, we propose the method for creating multi-view movable fogscreen, and then implement it in our system called “HANASUI”. “HANASUI” displays handheld-like fireworks through a fog screen instead of sparkles. Our method generates projection data dynamically from a virtual space and then casts it with multiple projectors, tracking the marker attached to the device which spouts fog at the fogscreen with infrared cameras and infrared floodlights. Finally, we conducted a survey to verify the capabilities of “HANASUI” and its potential for art and entertainment purposes.
KeywordsFogscreen Multi-View Observable Projection Mapping Entertainment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rakkolainen, I., Palovuori, K.: Walk-thru screen. In: Electronic Imaging International Society for Optics and Photonics, pp. 17–22 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Rakkolainen, I.: Tracking users through a projection screen. In: Proceedings of the 14th Annual ACM International Conference on Multimedia, pp. 101–104 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Hayashi, H., Onishi, R., Hirai, S.: Spacial Visual Expression Using Mist in A General Bathroom-Interactibity with Touch Sensor Embedded in A Bathtub. In: EC 2007, pp. 75–76 (2007) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.DISPLAIR play with air, http://displair.com/ (accessed December 7, 2013)
- 5.Yagi, A., Imura, M., Kuroda, Y., Osiro, O.: Multi-Viewpoint Interactive Fog Display. TVRSJ 17(4), 409–417 (2012) (in Japanese) Google Scholar
- 6.Mun, N., Sone, J., Natsui, N., Hasebe, T., Yoshida, K.: Pocket cosmos-Cosmos in my hand. The Jornal of the Society for Art and Science 3(4), 244–249 (2004) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 7.Kato, H., Billinghurst, M.: Marker tracking and hmd calibration for a video-based augmented reality conferencing system; In Augmented Reality. In: Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE and ACM International Workshop on IEEE, pp. 85–94 (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.IVRC 2013 official home page, http://ivrc.net/2013/ (accessed July 10, 2014)
- 9.Hanasui, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kLVEq-qVu4 (accessed December 8, 2013)