Routing and Wavelength Assignment for Exchanged Hypercubes in Linear Array Optical Networks
The exchanged hypercube, denoted by EH(s, t), is a new interconnection network obtained by systematically removing links from the hypercube, while preserves many appealing properties. This paper addresses the routing and wavelength assignment for realizing exchanged hypercubes communication patterns on linear array WDM optical networks. By using congestion estimation, we derive a lower bound of the minimum number of required wavelengths, and propose an optimal wavelength assignment algorithm that uses 2 s + t − 1 + \(\lfloor\)2 t /3\(\rfloor\) wavelengths.
KeywordsWDM optical networks Routing and wavelength assignment Exchanged hypercube Linear array Congestion
- 1.Beauquier, B., Bermond, J.C., Gargano, L., Hell, P., Prennes, S., Vaccaro, U.: Graph problems arising from wavelength routing in all optical networks. In: Proceedings of the Second Workshop in Optics and Computer Science, pp. 76–84 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, Y., Shen, H., Zhang, H.: Wavelength assignment for directional hypercube communications on a class of WDM optical networks. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Parallel Processing, pp. 288–595 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Ma, M.: The connectivity of exchanged hypercubes, Discrete Mathematics. Algorithms and Applications 2(2), 51–57 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Yuan, X., Melhem, R.: Optimal routing and channel assignments for hypercube communi- cation on optical mesh-like processor arrays. In: Proceedings of The Fifth International Conference on Massively Parallel Processing, pp. 76–84 (1998)Google Scholar
- 15.Zang, H., Jue, J.P., Bukherjee, B.: A review of routing and wavelength assignment approaches for wavelength-routed optical networks. Optical Network Magazine 1(1), 47–60 (2000)Google Scholar