An Iterated Greedy Heuristic for Simultaneous Lot-Sizing and Scheduling Problem in Production Flow Shop Environments
In this work, we consider the integrated lot-sizing and sequencing problem in a permutation flow shop with machine sequence-dependent setups. The problem is to determine the lot sizes and the production sequence in each period of a planning horizon such that the customer demands must be met and the capacity of the machines must be respected. The objective is to determine the sum of the setup costs, the production costs and the inventory costs over the planning horizon. Due to the complexity of the problem, we propose a heuristic based on Iterated Greedy metaheuristic which uses sequencing and lot-sizing decisions. The proposed method is compared against the best heuristics available in the literature in a large set of problem instances. Comprehensive computational and statistical analyses are carried out in order to validate the performance of the proposed heuristic.
KeywordsLot-sizing flow shop scheduling metaheuristics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pochet, Y., Wolsey, L.A.: Production planning by mixed integer programming. Springer (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Ponnambalam, S., Reddy, M.: A ga-sa multiobjective hybrid search algorithm for integrating lot sizing and sequencing in flow-line scheduling. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 21(2), 126–137 (2003)Google Scholar
- 18.Belo Filho, M.A.F., dos Santos, M.O., de Meneses, C.N.: Dimensionamento e sequenciamento de lotes para uma linha de producao flowshop: Métodos de soluçao (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.Ramezanian, R., Saidi-Mehrabad, M., Teimoury, E.: A mathematical model for integrating lot-sizing and scheduling problem in capacitated flow shop environments. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 1–15 (2012)Google Scholar
- 25.Montgomery, D.G.: Design and Analysis of Experiments. Wiley, New York (2001)Google Scholar