Effects of Color Rendering Index of Light Source on Color Task of Comparison and Fast Identification
Objective Color rending property of light source will have effect on the color showing of the irradiated object, affecting the task of color identification. The experiment was developed to supply reference gist for illuminance ergonomics design. Methods Four light sources with different color rending index (CRI) were chosen. The color tasks of comparison and fast identification were designed. The data of right ratio and error degree were analyzed. Results When light source’s CRI is above 70, it will not have evident effect on color tasks of identification and comparison. Conclusion Light source’s CRI should be above 70. Special CRI should be taken into account besides the average CRI.
KeywordsColor rendering index Color comparison Fast identification of color Error degree
- 1.Wenting Cheng (2011) The method of color quality evaluation of white light LED. China Illumin Eng J 22(3):38–41Google Scholar
- 2.Zhijie Li (2008) Color-rendering index of evaluation standard of print light source. Qual Stand 6:38–42Google Scholar
- 3.Yicheng Liu (2000) Color-rendering properties and color-rendering index of light source. J Electron Devices 23(1):38–41Google Scholar
- 4.Haisong X (2005) Color information engineering. Zhejiang University Press, 43–47Google Scholar
- 5.Guie Cheng (2003) Rational election of light sources in green lighting engineering. Shanxi Archit 18:94–95Google Scholar