Ergonomics Research of EVA Handhold Cross-Sectional Dimensions
Handhold is one of the important manual mobility aids in extravehicular activity (EVA). This paper is about the method and result of theoretical analysis and experimental tests of handhold cross-sectional dimensions. Ergonomics design indexes and their influential factors were put forward through theoretical analysis. The feasible range of width, thickness, perimeter, and ratio of width and thickness of handhold cross section were obtained through the griping tests in pressed extravehicular mobility unit (EMU). Combining the results of theoretical analysis and experimental tests, the design-referenced value of handhold cross-sectional dimensions for engineering development was put forward finally.
KeywordsHandhold Cross section Ergonomics
This research work was funded by the National Key Basic Research and Development Program (973 program, No. 2011CB711000) and the autonomy research project of the Human-Factor Engineering Laboratory (No. HF12ZZB05).
- 1.Zhang N, Tian YS, Xu H et al (2011) Classified statistics and analysis of astronauts’ typical actions during extravehicular activity. Space Med Med Eng 24(5):366–368Google Scholar
- 2.Wang Y, Liu S (2011) Ergonomics design of handheld products. Chin J Ergon 17(2):52–55Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang Z, Zhu Y, Xia M (2012) An innovation human engineering experiment design of comfort of handheld products. Exp Technol Manage 29(11):78–81Google Scholar
- 4.Ye J, Li J (2010) Research and implementation of tool handle comfort level evaluation method. J Mech Electr Eng 27(1):62–64Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang L, Ma F, Zhuang G (2013) Research of chair EVA in Bus Light Industry. Sci Technol 177(8):57–58Google Scholar