Human Dimensions of Chinese Male Pilots in Sitting Posture and Some Changes
The GJB4856-2003 in effect is based on the latest anthropometric investigations in large scale for Chinese male pilots. There were 22 basic human body measurements of anthropometry in sitting posture. The data of human dimensions were from 1,739 male pilots, including the mean, std. deviation, and 5th, 50th, and 95th percentiles. The analyses suggested that the data of GJB4856 are steady and reliable with good precision. Some human dimensions in GJB4856 seemed to augment generally in comparison with that of GJB20-1984.
KeywordsPilots Human dimensions Anthropometry Sitting posture
- 1.GJB 4856-2003 (2003) Human dimensions of Chinese male pilot population. Military standard Publishing House of the General Armament Department, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 2.GJB 20-1984 (1984) Pilot personal protective and life support equipment specifications. Military standard Publishing House of the General Armament Department, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 3.Rong L, He W, Mengyang W et al (2001) Anthropometric error proofing site warning design. Chin J Ergon 7(4):27–30Google Scholar
- 4.Liu G (2000) (Ed) Probability theory and applied mathematical statistics. High Education Press, Beijing, pp 218–221, 251–263Google Scholar
- 5.Xiaochao G, Baoshan L, Hui X et al (2003) The liner dimensions of human body measurements of Chinese male pilots in standing posture. Space Med Med Eng 16(1):48–54Google Scholar