Multicultural/Multinational Teambuilding After International Mergers and Acquisitions
- 237 Downloads
This chapter describes an approach to building effective multicultural/multinational teams where common objectives and tasks must be achieved by team members who come from different organizational and national cultures.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beckhard, R. (1967). The confrontation meeting. Harvard Business Review, 45, 149–155.Google Scholar
- Beckhard, R. (1969). Organization Development: Strategies and Models. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- Bennis, W.G. (1969). Organization Development: Its Nature, Origins and Prospects. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- French, W.L. & Bell, C.H. (1973). Organization Development. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Hoopes, D. (Ed.) (1970). The Workshop — Pittsburgh Model. Readings in Intercultural Communications, Vol. I. Pittsburgh, PA: Regional Council for International Education.Google Scholar
- Nylen, D., Mitchell, J.R. & Stout, A. (1967). Handbook of Staff Development and Human Relations Training: Materials Developed for Use in Africa. Washington, D.C.: National Training Labs.Google Scholar
- Schnapper, M. (1973). Experiential Intercultural Training for International Operations. Pitts- burgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh, Ph.D. Dissertation.Google Scholar
- Schnapper, M. (1975). Nonverbal communication and the intercultural encounter. In: Jones, J.E. & Pfeiffer, W. (Eds): Annual Handbook for Group Facilitators. La Jolla, CA: University Associates.Google Scholar
- Schnapper, M. (1978). Multinational training for multinational corporations. In: Asante, M.K. & Newmark, E. (Eds.): Handbook of Intercultural Communications: Theories and Practice. Beverly Hills, London: Sage.Google Scholar
- Schnapper, M. (1979). Some multicultural/multinational aspects of organization development. Paper, presented at the American Society for Training and Development Conference, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- Schnapper, M. (1985). How to identify and resolve intercultural conflict. Paper, presented at the Society for Intercultural Education, Training and Research Conference, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- Vansina, L.S. (1974). Improving international relations and effectiveness within multinational organizations. In: John, A. (Ed.): New Technologies in Organization Development. La Jolla, CA: University Associates.Google Scholar