Condensation of a carbonyl with an enolate or an enol. A simple case is addition of an enolate to an aldehyde to afford an alcohol, thus the name aldol.
KeywordsInorganic Chemistry Organic Chemistry Aldol Condensation Condensation Condensation Acidic Workup
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Wurtz, W. A. Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr. 1872, 17, 436.Google Scholar
- 2.Nielsen, A. T.; Houlihan, W. J. Org. React. 1968, 16, 1–438. (Review).Google Scholar
- 3.Mukayama, T. Org. React. 1982 28,203–331. (Review).Google Scholar
- 4.Mukayama, T.; Kobayashi, S. Org. React. 1994, 46,1–103. (Review on Tin(II) enolates).Google Scholar
- 9.Alcaide, B.; Almendros, P. Eur. J. Org . Chem. 2002, 1595–1601. (Review).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2003