The impact of China’s changing role in technology standardization
China is taking on a new role in international trade. One of the most prominent events highlighting this new role has been the speech of Xi Jinping, the president of the Peoples Republic in China (PRC), at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in 2017. His speech has become famous as pro-globalization speech. It contrasted with the anti-globalization tendency proclaimed throughout the US president’s election campaign, who had assumed office shortly after the speech at the 2017 WEF.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CATL (2018): Official Website of CATL, accessed March 18th, 2018, http://www.catlbattery.com/en/web/index.php/about/information.
- CEEC (2018): Official website of the Cooperation between China and Central and Eastern European Countries, accessed March 17th, 2018, http://www.china-ceec.org/eng/yjjj_1/2018ndsqzn_1/t1529356.htm.
- CEN/CENELEC/ETSI JPG (2011): Final report of the CEN/CENELEC/ETSI Joint Working Group on Standards for Smart Grids, accessed March 11th, 2018, online, http://www.etsi.org/images/files/Report_CENCLCETSI_Standards_Smart_Grids.pdf
- Hesser, W.; Inklaar, A. (1998): An Introduction to Standards and Standardization, DIN, DIN Normungskunde Vol. 36, Beuth Verlag.Google Scholar
- Knight, W. (2018): China wants to shape the global future of artificial intelligence, March 16th, 2018, MIT Technology Review, accessed, March 19th, 2018, https://www.technologyreview.com/s/610546/china-wants-to-shape-the-global-fu-ture-of-artificial-intelligence/.
- Li, X.; An, B. (2009): IPR Misuse: The core issues in standards and patents, South-Center, Geneva.Google Scholar
- Miao, X. et al (2012): Comparing Smart Grid Technology Standards Roadmap of The IEC, NIST and SGCC, China International Conference on Electricity Distribution (CICED 2012) Shanghai, 5-6 Sep. 2012.Google Scholar
- SESEC (2017): English translation of the Standardisation Law of The People’s Republic of China, November 30th, 2017, available online http://www.sesec.eu/30112017-standardisation-law-of-the-peoples-republic-of-china-is-available/.
- SGCC (2010): SGCC Framework and Roadmap for Strong and Smart Grid Standards, accessed March 12th, 2018, available online, http://esci-ksp.org/publication/sgcc-framework-and-roadmap-for-strong-smart-grid-standards/.
- WEF (2017): China’s Xi Jinping defends globalization from the Davos stage, January 17th, 2017, accessed March 17th, 2018, https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/01/chi-nas-xi-jinping-defends-globalization-from-the-davos-stage/.
- Weithmann, S. (2018): The Evolvement of Standardization in China – Insights from the Electric Vehicle Sector, Nomos-Verlagsgesellschaft, Baden-Baden.Google Scholar
- Weithmann, S. (2018b): Normung in China erhält einen neuen Rechtsrahmen, Weithmann & Partner, January 7th, 2018, http://weithmann.com/blog/2018/01/07/normung-in-china-erhaelt-einen-neuen-rechtsrahmen/.