Conversational Commerce – A New Era for Service Business Development?
Digitization, the rise of the Internet and mobile devices have changed the way people interact with each other and with companies. In recent years, the voice interface has become a growing feature in mobile devices. Industry reports indicate that in mid-2016, 20 percent of Android searches were voice-based and Siri received two bn. requests per week. ComScore predicts that by 2020, 50 percent of all searches will be voice searches. Furthermore, it is anticipated that voice will become the default method to control a variety of interfaces including mobile devices, Internet of Things (IoT) appliances, and automobiles.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Berkowitz, D. (2016): Chatbots could change how we buy and sell goods, https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/09/chatbots-could-change-how-we-buy-and-sell-goods (retrieved on 10.08.2017).
- Bhattacharyya, A. (2016): Conversational Commerce and What It Means for Your Cus-tomer Strategy, Customer Think, http://customerthink.com/conversational-commerce-and-what-it-means-for-your-customer-strategy/ (retrieved on 10.08.2017).
- Cameron, N. (2017): NAB taps power of AI chatbots for business customer service, https://www.cmo.com.au/article/626835/nab-taps-power-ai-chatbots-business-customer-service/ (retrieved on 25.10.2017).
- Carr, M. (2017): “Not OK, Google” – Aussies Reluctant To Embrace Voice-Activated Home Assistants, http://www.bandt.com.au/technology/not-ok-google-aussies-reluctant-embrace-voice-activated-home-assistants (retrieved on 25.10.2017).
- Chung, H./Iorga, M./Voas, J./Lee, S. (2017): Alexa, Can I Trust You?, in: Computer, Vol. 50, No. 9, pp. 100-104.Google Scholar
- CMO (2017): Report – Aussies happy talking to chatbots, https://www.cmo.com.au/article/619915/report-aussies-happy-talking-chatbots/ (retrieved on 25.10.2017).
- Conick, H. (2017): The Past, Present and Future of AI in Marketing, Marketing News, January, pp. 26-35.Google Scholar
- eMarketer (2017): Alexa, Say What?! Voice-Enabled Speaker Usage to Grow Nearly 130% this Year, https://www.emarketer.com/Article/Alexa-Say-What-Voice-Enabled-Speaker-Usage-Grow-Nearly-130-This-Year/1015812 (retrieved on 10.08.17).
- Experian (2016): Amazon Echo Study & Findings, https://www.experian.com/innova-tion/thought-leadership/amazon-echo-consumer-survey.jsp (retrieved on 01.12.2017).
- Gerpott, T.J./May, S. (2016): Integration of Internet of Things components into a firm’s offering portfolio – A business development framework, in: Info, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 53-63.Google Scholar
- González, A. (2016): Amazon has sold more than 11 million Echo devices, https://www.seattletimes.com/business/amazon/amazon-has-sold-more-than-11-million-echo-devices-morgan-stanley-says/ (retrieved on 10.08.2017).
- Grand View Research (2017): Chatbot Market Size and Share Analysis, Industry Report, 2014-2025, http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/chatbot-market (retrieved on 10.09.2017).
- Guo, S. (2017): The Conversational Economy – Voice and the New Era of Multi-Modal Computing, http://www.news-greylock-com-the-conversational-economy-voice-and-the-new-era-of-multi-modal-computing-96f535c058f6 (retrieved on 10.08.2017).
- Hill, J./Ford, W.R./Farreras, I.G. (2015): Real conversations with artificial intelligence – A comparison between human-human online conversations and human-chatbot conversations, in: Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 49, pp. 245-250.Google Scholar
- IPsoft (2017): IPsoft Extends Amelia’s Multi-Channel User Experience with Amazon Echo and Google Home, http://www.ipsoft.com/2017/09/21/ipsoft-extends-amelias-multi-channel-user-experience-with-amazon-echo-and-google-home/ (retrieved on 10.08.2017).
- Lawson, J. (2016): The 5 branches of conversational commerce – A guide to the bot world, Venturebeat, https://venturebeat.com/2016/05/21/the-5-branches-of-conversational-commerce-a-guide-for-the-bot-curious/ (retrieved on 10.08.2017).
- Mayring, Ph. (2000): Qualitative Inhaltsanalyse – Grundlagen und Techniken, 7th Edition, Weinheim.Google Scholar
- Meeker, M. (2017): Internet Trends 2017, www.kpcb.com/internet-trends (retrieved on 10.09.2017).
- Messina, C. (2015): Conversational Commerce, https://medium.com/chris-messina/conversational-commerce-92e0bccfc3ff (retrieved on 10.09.2017).
- Messina, C. (2016): 2016 will be the year of conversational commerce, https://medium.com/chris-messina/2016-will-be-the-year-of-conversational-commerce-1586e85e3991 (retrieved on 10.09.2017).
- Nexmo (2017): Bots and AI – Voice vs. Text for Your AI Bot Interface, https://www.nexmo.com/blog/2017/09/21/voice-text-ai-bot-interface/ (retrieved on 10.11.2017).
- Patton, M.Q. (2015): Qualitative Research & Evaluation Methods – Integrating Theory and Practice, 4th edition, Saint Paul, MN.Google Scholar
- Perez, S. (2017): Amazon to control 70 percent of the voice-controlled speaker market this year, https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/08/amazon-to-control-70-percent-of-the-voice-controlled-speaker-market-this-year/ (retrieved on 10.08.2017).
- Purdy, M./Daugherty, P. (2017): How AI Boosts Industry Profits and Innovation, https://www.accenture.com/t20171005T065812Z__w__/us-en/_acnmedia/Accenture/next-gen-5/insight-ai-industry-growth/pdf/Accenture-AI-Industry-Growth-Full-Report.pdfla=en?la=en (retrieved on 01.12.2017).
- Ransbotham, S./Kiron, D./Gerbert, P./Reeves, M. (2017): Reshaping Business with Artificial Intelligence, in: MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol. 59, No. 1, pp. 1-17.Google Scholar
- Schatsky, D./Muraskin, C./Gurumurthy, R. (2014): Demystifying artificial intelligence – What business leaders need to know about cognitive technologies, https://dupress.deloitte.com/dup-us-en/focus/cognitive-technologies/what-is-cognitive-technology.html (retrieved on 30.11.2017).
- Sharma, G. (2016): VOICE is the new Platform and the Future of Search, Commerce, and Payments, https://chatbotsmagazine.com/voice-is-the-new-o-s-and-the-future-of-search-commerce-and-payments-64fc8cc848f6 (retrieved on 10.08.2017).
- van Eeuwen, M. (2017): Mobile conversational commerce – messenger chatbots as the next interface between businesses and consumers, http://purl.utwente.nl/essays/71706 (retrieved on 10.08.2017).
- Williams, A. (2017): Chatbots, messaging and refining the art of mobile commerce, https://www.cmo.com.au/article/617577/chatbots-messaging-refining-art-mobile-commerce/ (retrieved on 10.08.2017).