SPES-2: An Expert System for the Intra-Operative Phase of the Pancreas Cancer
In order to support the decision making of the surgeon in the operative room, but also for tutorial aims, a prototype of an expert system is proposed and described in this paper. The medical domain refers to the pancreatic diseases and, in particular, the pancreatic cancer. The system examines the operative risks of the patient, suggests the suitable surgical procedure, follows the surgeon during this procedure (both with regard to the staging phase, and to the properly said surgical procedure), suggesting the appropriate operations by means of pictures and explanatory sentences. It suggests also suitable actions for a large number of surgical complications.
KeywordsPancreatic Cancer Expert System Operative Risk Pancreatic Disease Staging Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [FA85]Fagan L., Differding J., Langlotz C., Tu S. “Knowledge acquisition and strategic therapy planning for cancer clinical trials” Proceed, of the International Confer, on Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, Pavia, 13–14 September 1985Google Scholar
- [MI84]Miller P.L. “Critiquing approach to expert computer advice: ATTENDING”, Research Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Vol.1, London, 1984Google Scholar
- [M084]Molokva O.S., Chernyakovskaja M.J. “Results of implementation of the first version of medical expert systems CONSULTANT”, Artificial Intelligence and Information-control Systems of Robots, North Holland, 1984, 7–10 Nov. 1986Google Scholar
- [RA89]Rafanelli M., Maceratini R., Crollari S., Maggi M., S.Mascolini S.:“Pancreatic cancer: an object oriented based system for the pre-operative differential diagnosis” Proceed, of the 6th World Confer, on Medical Informatics, Singapore, 11–15 Dec. 1989Google Scholar
- [RA90]Rafanelli M., Maceratini R. “Proposal of an expert system in surgical domain” Proceed, of the 9th Int. Confer, on Medical Informatics Europe, Glasgow, GB, 20–23 Aug. 1989Google Scholar