Multi-Color Electroluminescent Devices Utilizing SrS:Pr, Ce Phosphor Layers and Color Filters
A new phosphor material, SrS doped with both Pr and Ce, with bright white emission was proposed for an application to multi-color thin film electroluminescent (TFEL) devices. Spectral changes by varying a concentration ratio of the activators and color separation with filters for SrS:Pr,Ce TFEL cells were studied. It was shown that three primary colors with suitable color coordinates and with balanced luminance levels could be obtained by utilizing SrS:Pr,Ce phosphor layers and color filters.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Tanaka et al.: Proc. SID, 26, 255(1985).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Tanaka et al.: Proc. SID, 28, 357(1987).Google Scholar
- 6.W. A. Barrow et al.: 1988 SID Digest, 284(1988).Google Scholar
- 7.L. E. Tannas, Jr.: 1986 SID Seminar Lecture Notes, Vol.1, S 3–2 (1986).Google Scholar
- 11.K. Onisawa et al.: Extended Abstract of Electrochemi. Soc, 1987 Fall Meeting, 1701(Honolulu, 1987), and J. Electrochemi. Soc., 135, 2631(1988).Google Scholar
- 12.G. Zhong et al.: SID 88 Digest, 287(1988).Google Scholar
- 13.K. Onisawa et al.: Submitted to J. Electrochemi. Soc.Google Scholar