Organization and Information Tools of a Mental Health Department Information System
The approval of national laws on Health Reform and on Psychiatric Assistance (L.180/78) has caused a profound change in health and (in particular) in psychiatric assistance. The law L.I 80/78, among other things, “abolished madhauses, intended as places of segregation rather than social rehabilitation”. Before such law psychiatric services were organized in such a way as to strongly favor “hospitalization structures” rather than clinical or consultant services. In particular, in the period 1974–1977 (look at these last ten years) the psychiatric hospital represents the principal assistance service and users are notably without differentiation; patients are composed primarely by “long term in-patient care” and “obligatory treatment”. Treatment is focused on biomedical therapy and rehabilitation is scarcely considered.
KeywordsMedical Informatics Therapeutic Community Psychiatric Emergency Information Tool Local Health Unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.M. RAFANELLI, F.L. RICCI:”A Socio-sanitary DBMS for epidemiological researches on psychiatric hospitalization” III World Conference on Medical Informatics, MEDINFO 80, 29-9/4-10-1980, Tokyo.Google Scholar
- /2/.D. DE SALVIA, P. CREPET:”Psichiatria senza manicomio” Ed. Feltrinelli, Milano, 1982.Google Scholar
- /3/.E. VISANI, V. MIRIZIO et al.:”La prima consultazione in un servizio psichiatrico: studio e proposta di un modello di rilevazione” Riv. di Freniatria, vol.106, 307. 1982.Google Scholar
- /4/.P. MANACORDA:”Strumenti informativi per la medicina di base” Ed. La Nuova Italia Scientifica, Roma, 1983.Google Scholar
- /5/.M. RAFANELLI et al.:”Organizzazione e strumenti informativi di servizio di un sistema informativo di un dipartimento di salute mentale” Tech. Rep. IASI RI.28, Aprile 1984.Google Scholar
- /6/.M. RAFANELLI et al.:”A DBMS for an epidemiological research about mental diseases and relative hospitalization” III Intern. Congress of the European Federation for Medical Informatics, MIE 81, 9–13, 3, 1981, Toulouse, France.Google Scholar