A Computer Assisted Radiology Reporting and Retrieval System
In the first half of 1979 a market study was made of various existing radiology reporting systems. Since no existing system was acceptable or available in Dutch, the decision was taken to develop our own system and to tackle the problem in a progressive way. Use is made of a dedicated HP minicomputer which is linked with other HP computers in a star-network. The reporting subsystem is developed with the following main features: report entry is done by the radiologist on standard CRT terminals in a conversational manner with predefined and user-determined branching. Entry is done through a menu-selection method. By means of subsequent menu’s the radiologist is guided in a systematic way to select preassembled, standard statements for normal and also for abnormal findings. The menu selected computer report codes are stored in an IMAGE data base and are accessible via a query language.
KeywordsStatement Code Main Frame Descriptive Finding Qualitative Modifier Computer Assist Radiology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Lehr J.L., Lodwick G.S., Nicholson B.F. and Birznicks F.B.: Experience with MARS (Missouri Automated Radiology System). Radiology 106: 289–294, 1973.Google Scholar
- (2).Brolin I.: Erfahrungen mit dem MEDELA-System. Radiologe 14: 297–305, 1974.Google Scholar
- (3).Barnhard H.J., Jacobson H.G. and Nance J.W.: Diagnostic Radiologic Information System (DRIS). Radiologe 14: 314–319, 1974.Google Scholar
- (4).Irwin G.A.L. and Tillitt Jr. R.: A computer assisted radiological reporting sys-tem. Radiology 118: 329–331, Feb, 1976.Google Scholar
- (5).Wheeler P.S. and Gitlin J.N., Computers in Radiology: A viewpoint of pitfalls and payoffs in Proc.Sixth.Conf. on Computer Applications in Radiology. June 18–21 1979, IEEE pp 1–4.Google Scholar
- (6).Allegaert P., Kint E., Willems J.L., Baert A.: Automatisatie van de verslaggeving en archivering in de radiologie in Proc. MIC ’80. March 26, 1980, pp 171–175Google Scholar
- (7).Willems J.L., Govaerts H., Huygens W., Allegaert P., Kint E., Daneeis F., Baert A. A.: A radiology subsystem in a hospital information computer system in Proc.Second Symposium Computers in Diagnostic Radiology. Amsterdam June 4–6, 1980, pp 357–361Google Scholar