Organisation, Technical Solutions and Utilisation of Patient Discharge Registers in Finland
The National Board of Health has since 1967 collected information from all patients discharged from all hospital wards into the centralised computer register. Because of the difficulties in using the register at the regional and hospital level the system was reorganised on the regional base in 1976. In the co-operation project between the National Board of Health, the Finnish Hospital League and hospitals agreements were made on uniform registration principles. Also a common software for input and output was created. Due to the reorganisation, the discharge information is more up to date and also more accurate. The utilisation of data is increased both at the national and regional level.
KeywordsDischarge Summary Mental Hospital Hospital Level Discharge Information Administrative Purpose
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Kaprio J, Pulkkinen P., Accuracy of the national hospital discharge register. The Institute of Public Health, University of Helsinki. 1978 (in Finnish)Google Scholar
- (2).The status of hospital discharge data in six countries. Hyattsville, Md. National Center for Health Statistics, U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, 1980Google Scholar
- (3).Vauhkonen, O. A Study of Regional Differences in the Utilisation of General Hospital Services, Helsinki, the National Board of Health, 1967 (in Finnish)Google Scholar
- (4).Kokkola K., Hospital Services for Respiratory Patients. Department of Community Medicine, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 1978Google Scholar
- (5).Hakkarainen A., Estimating Future Mental Hospital Population. Second International Conference of System Science in Health Care, Montreal, 1980Google Scholar
- (6).Vauhkonen O, Kataja M, Linnakko E, Vauramo E., The Elderly Population as a User of Health Care Services. The Finnish Hospital League, Helsinki, 1979 (in Finnish)Google Scholar
- (7).Kekki P., Analysis of the Relationship between Resources and the Use of Health Service in Finland. Social Insurance Institution, Helsinki, 1979Google Scholar
- (8).Koskenvuo M, Kaprio J, Kesaniemi A., Diseases predisposing to IHD. Abstract Book, VII European Congress of Cardiology, Paris, 1980? 87Google Scholar
- (9).Koskenvuo M, Kaprio J., Survival from attacks of IHD by marital status, social class and book, VII European Congress of Cardiology, Paris, 1980; 65Google Scholar