Polarization Investigations and Verification of the High-Spin Hadron Model Without Power Divergences
A conventional description of high-spin (J≥1) hadron interactions using coupling constants in the interaction vertices results in power divergences of the amplitudes corresponding to loop diagrams. Moreover, this description of high-spin hadron (HSH) interactions leads to contradiction between the asymptotic behaviour of the cross-section for the hadron production Gtot (e+e− → hadrons) ~ 1/s, as derived from the asymptotic freedom in QCD, and the HSH production cross section being a part of Gtot (e+e− →hadrons). Besides, the conventional description of HSH interactions can be ambiguous. This may be illustrated by an example of loop diagrams containing the interaction vertices of the virtual HSH with one virtual and one real particles. Because the HSH propagator may be saturated by the real and virtual particle momenta, the asymptotic behaviours of the integrands will be different in these two cases.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu.V. Kalish: Yad. Fiz. 50 (1989) 1697;Google Scholar
- Yu.V. Kalish: Preprint KFTI 89–58, Kharkov, 1989.Google Scholar
- 2.Particle Data Group: Phys. Lett. 170B (1986) 259.Google Scholar
- 5.S.A. Goghilidze, Yu.S. Surovtsev, F.G. Tkebuchava: Yad. Fiz. 45 (1987) 1085.Google Scholar
- 6.V. Burkert. Report of the 1986 Summer Study Group: pp. 151–159, Newport News: CEBAF 1987;Google Scholar
- Yu.V. Kulish: VANiT Series; Nuclear - physical investigations (in Russ.), issue 1(15, pp. 55–68, Moscow, Atominform 1989.Google Scholar