A Landsat Image Databank Using Mass Storage System —“Tsukusys” Image-Bank—
The purpose of this paper is to give a comprehensive description of a databank consisting of image data which was extracted from the Landsat multispectral scanning system. The databank, which will be called Tsukusys image-bank, is intended to provide an environmental monitoring and image analysis in Japan. The conventional Landsat image data in the databank are stored in data cartridges on the mass storage system that permit on-line operations. The design consideration of the Tsukusys image-bank includes the following item: types of data structure, hardware resources and data processing for constructing the image-bank. The image-bank is under development as an experimental Landsat image databank at University of Tsukuba. We include in this paper a case study of application of the Tsukusys image-bank.
KeywordsLandsat Image Ground Truth Data Reference File Direct File Mass Storage System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.N. Plater (1980): “Remote Sensing—Optics and Optical System—”, Addison-Wesley, 1980.Google Scholar
- Takashi Hoshi and Yasuhiko Ikebe (1981): “Tsukusys, A Remote Sensing Data Analysis System”, Proc. of Working Conference on Picture Engineering, 15th IBM Computer Science Symposium, No. 3, p.351–374, 1981 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- J.P. Harric et al (1975): “The IBM 3850 Mass Storage System Design Aspects”, Proc. of IEEE, No.63, 1975.Google Scholar
- Takashi Hoshi (1978): “Study on Identification of Ground Cover Types in Urban Area by Remote Sensing”, Ph.D. Thesis of Kyoto Univ., p.70–118, 1978.Google Scholar
- D.L. Light (1980): “Satellite Photogrammetry”, Manual of Photogrammetry, American Society of Photogrammetry, 1980.Google Scholar
- G. Konecny (1976): “Mathematische Modelle und Verfahren zur Geometrischen Auswertung von Zeilenabtaster-Aufnahmen”, Bul, No.5, p.188–197, 1976.Google Scholar
- B.L. Markham and J.R.G. Townshend: “Land Cover Classification Accuracy as a Function of Sensor Spatial Resolution”, Proc. of 15th International Symposium on Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol.3, p.1075–1085, 1981.Google Scholar
- Takashi Hoshi and Kazuhiko Nakayama (1982): “Retrieval of Landsat Image Data in the Data Cartridge”, Proc. of 8th Annual Conference on Remote Sensing, Society of Instrument and Control Enginners, p.151–154, 1982 (in Japanese).Google Scholar