Multicriterion Discrete Optimization of Space Trusses with Serviceability Constraints
The paper deals with discussion of discrete optimization problem in structural space-truss design. The cross-sectional areas of truss bars are taken as design variables. A catalogue of circular hollow sections for truss bars and a numbers of the series of types of cross-sections of bars are taken as discrete decision variables. The stress, local stability, displacement (design) constraints as well as technological and computational constraints are taken into account. The mass of truss bars including mass of joints as well as exploitation and maintenance costs are chosen as optimization criteria. A numbers of the series of types of cross-sections of bars t is also taken as a criterion of optimization. The sets of non-dominated (efficient) and compromise (Pareto optimal) solutions and the preferable solution for space truss are found. The results are presented in the form of diagrams.
Keywordsdiscrete optimization multicriterion optimization space truss design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bródka, J. (Ed). Steel Space Structures, (in Polish) Arkady, Warsaw 1985.Google Scholar
- 2.Grierson, D.E., and Chiù, T.C., Synthesis of frameworks under multilevel performance constraints, Solid Mechanics Division, University of Waterloo, Canada, No. 172, 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.Grierson, D. E. , and Xu, L. , Design optimization of steel frameworks accounting for semi-rigid connections, Lecture Notes: Vol. 3, NATO/DFG ASI Optimization of Large Structural Systems, 139–158, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.Jendo, S. Multiobjective optimization, in: Structural Optimization, Vol. 2: Mathematical Programming, Save, M. and Prager, W. (Eds), Plenum Press, New York 1990, pp. 311–342.Google Scholar
- 6.Jendo, S. and Paczkowski, W. M. Multicriteria Discrete Optimization of Large Scale Truss Systems, Structural Optimization, Vol. 6, No. 3, 1993 (in print).Google Scholar
- 7.Karczewski, J. A. , kubiziski, M. and Paczkowski, W. M. Optimization of some type of space trusses according to economic criteria (in Polish), Archives of Civil Engineering (Archiwum Inzynierii Ladowe,j), 31, 1/2, 1985, pp.57–80.5.Google Scholar
- 8.Karczewski, J. A. , Niczyj, J and Paczkowski, W. M. Multicriterion selection of spatial truss crown, Proc. of the IASS-MSU Int. Symp. Public Assembly Structures from Antiquity to the Present, Istambul 1993, pp.461–470.Google Scholar
- 9.Mengeringhausen, M. Raumfachwerke aus Staben and Knoten, Bauverlag GmbH, Wiesbaden and Berlin, 1975.Google Scholar
- 10.Paczkowski, W. M. The multioptimal choice of stiffness zones in space truss supported at corners (in Polish), in Proc. of the IX Polish Conf. on Computer Methods in Mechanics, Krakow-Rytro, Poland, 1989, pp.859–866.Google Scholar
- 11.Paczkowski, W. M. The bars type range discrete polioptimization of space trusses (in Polish) Annales Scientarum Stetinenses, Vol. 6, 1, No. 2, Ossolineum 1991, pp. 83–105Google Scholar
- 12.PN-90/B-03200 Polish Code for Steel Structures, Design and Rules (in Polish), Code Publishers, ALFA, 1990.Google Scholar