Automatic Analysis of Thermocolor Paints for Heat Flow Measurements in Wind Tunnel Facilities
An automatic analysis of thermocolor paints is done. All the images have been masked, corrected from non uniform illumination and registered. Then, after having compared different colorimetric representation systems (R-G-B, I-H-S and K-L bases), we use the bidimensional histogram to extract the different colors and so detect the iso-flux lines on each image. A relative thermic exchange map is obtained by superimposing a sampling of processed images.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Ponteziere, A. Betremieux; Méthodes de mesures des flux thermiques pariétaux par peintures thermosensibles, Communication présentée à l’association Maritime et Aéronautique, Paris 24-27 Avril 1967Google Scholar
- X. Briottet, C. Henrion, M. Dinguirard; Automatic image processing of thermocolor paints for heat flow measurements in wind tunnel facilities; Optical methods and data processing in heat and fluid flow; City University; London; 2–3 April 1992; pp 145–149Google Scholar
- J. R. Kender; Saturation, Hue and normalized Color: calculation, digitization effects, and use; Master’s thesis; November 1976Google Scholar
- R. C. Gonzalez, P Wintz; Digital image processing; Addison-Wesley Publishing Company; 1977; pp 103-107Google Scholar
- W. K. Pratt, Digital image processing; John Wiley & Sons; 1978Google Scholar