Numerical Flow Visualization of Separated Flows Around Oscillating Airfoil by Solving Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations
Numerical flow visualization of separated flows around oscillating airfoil are conducted by solving incompressible Navier-Stokes equations by a third-order upwind scheme in order to understand the flow structure and mechanism of dynamic stall. The calculated separated region is small in pitching-up process and it becomes large in a pitching-down process. Quite different characteristics of flow patterns between in a pitching-up and pitching-down processes are obtained.
KeywordsFlow Pattern Flow Visualization Separate Flow Hysteresis Curve Attack Angle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).McCrosky, W. J. and Pucci, S. L.: AIAA paper 81-0051 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4).Oshima, K and Oshima, Y.: Proc. 8th ICNMFD (1982), pp. 94-106.Google Scholar
- 5).Kawamura, T. and Kuwahara, K.: AIAA paper 84-0340 (1984).Google Scholar
- 7).Nakamichi, J.: AIAA paper 87-1158 (1987).Google Scholar
- 8).Aso, S. and Sakamoto, A.: Tech. Rep. Kyushu Univ., 64 (1991), pp. 249–255.Google Scholar