Development Issues for the ARINS Algorithm for Vehicle Passenger Compartment Flow Simulation
Safety and comfort considerations demand that vehicle passenger compartment Heating/Ventilating/Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems be optimized to promote a quality environment with efficiency. Vehicle HVAC systems are characterized by multiple supply outlets, variable compartment exhausts, radiation loading and significant flow obstructions including passengers. Theoretical and computational issues are summarized for the ARINS finite element algorithm being developed for the problem class.
KeywordsComputational Fluid Dynamic Computational Fluid Dynamic Simulation Artificial Viscosity Passenger Compartment Finite Element Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. R. Heller (ed), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, FRG, 1989.Google Scholar
- 2.A. J. Baker and D. W. Pepper, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 1991.Google Scholar
- 3.A. J. Baker, Hemisphere, Washington, DC, 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.B. F. Armaly, et. al., J. Flu. Mech., V. 127, 1983.Google Scholar
- 5.G. de Vahl Davis, Int. J. Num. Mtd. Fluids, V. 3, 1983.Google Scholar