Optically Detected Magnetophonon Resonance in GaAs-GaAlAs Heterojunctions
We present an experimental observation of the magnetophonon effect in the frequency dependent conductivity of a GaAl-GaAlAs heterojunction. The cyclotron resonance position and linewidth are found to oscillate as a function of magnetic field and show resonances for ωL.O. ≈ NωC. The resonances grow rapidly with increasing temperature. Good agreement is found with a one-electron theory of the cyclotron resonance absorption spectrum, which demonstrates that the observed oscillations have the same origin as the MPR oscillations in the resistivity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R.J. Nicholas, Prog. in Quantum Electron.Google Scholar
- 3.R.J. Nicholas, in Landau level Spectroscopy Ed. G. Landwehr & E.I. Rashba, (North Holland, Amsterdam) Mod. Probs. in Cond. Mat. Sci. 27.2 pp777 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.M.A. Hopkins et al, Phys. Rev. B39 13302 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.Xiaoguang Wu and F.M. Peeters, Phys. Rev. B41 3109 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.C.J.G.M. Langerak et al, Phys. Rev. B38 13133 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.D.R. Leadley et al, to be published, and D.Phil thesis, Univ. Oxford, (1989).Google Scholar
- 9.R.J. Nicholas et al, Phys. Rev. B39 (1989).Google Scholar
- 11.S. Das Sarma, Phys. Rev. B27 2590 (1983).Google Scholar
- 12.F.M. Peeters and J.T. Devreese, Phys. Rev. B34 8800 (1986).Google Scholar
- 13.N. Mori et al, Phys. Rev. B38, 7622 (1988).Google Scholar
- 14.P. Warmenbol, F.M. Peeters and J.T. Devreese, Phys. Rev. B37 4694 (1988).Google Scholar