Data Models of Mechanical Systems for Concurrent Design
Mechanical systems data model for rigid-body dynamic simulation and structural design sensitivity analysis in a concurrent engineering environment are developed. Two levels of data model are proposed. The global data model serves as the communication basis for a variety of applications. The local data model extents the the global model to define a complete model for an application. Properties and contents of and relations between data models are discussed. The data models proposed define the semantics of models that can be used as the mechanical system schema for database applications.
KeywordsData Model Mechanical System Design Sensitivity Analysis Atomic Part Concurrent Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kalay, Y. E. (ed.), MODELING OBJECTS AND ENVIRONMENT, John Wiley & Sons, New York, Chichester, Brisbane, Toronto, Singapore, 1989Google Scholar
- 4.Inmon, W. H., ADVANCED TOPICS IN INFORMATION ENGINEERING, QED Information Sciences, Inc., 1989Google Scholar
- 5.Haug, E. J., Computer Aided Kinematics and Dynamics of Mechanical Systems, Vol 1: Basic Methods, Allyn and Bacon, Newton, MA, 1988Google Scholar
- 6.Haug, E.J., Choi, K.K., and Komkov, V., Design Sensitivity Analysis of Structural System, Academic Press, New York, N.Y., 1986Google Scholar
- 7.Intereraph/Eneineering Madeline System (I/EMS) Reference Manual, Intergraph Corporation, One Madison Industrial Park, Huntsville, Alabama, 35807–4201, 1988Google Scholar
- 8.DeSalvo, G.J. and Swanson, J.A., ANSYS Engineering Analysis System User’s Manual, Vols I and II, Swanson Analysis System Inc., P.O. Box 65, Houston, PA, 1985Google Scholar
- 9.Jon R. Mancuso., COUPLINGS AND JOINTS DESIGN. SELECTION. AND APPLICATION, MARCEL DEKKER, INC. New York and Basel, 1986Google Scholar
- 10.J. K. Wu, Sung S. Kim, Sang. S. Kim, and K. J. Ciarelli. A Generic Mechanical System Data Model For Dynamic Simulation. Symposium of ASME Computers in Engineering Conference, Boston, MA, Aug 5–9, 1990, (in press)Google Scholar