Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering and Magnetooptical Interband Transitions in Pb1−xEuxSe
The ternary compound PbEuSe has attracted considerable interest due to its technical application as semiconductor laser material covering the interesting wavelength region in the mid-infrared . Precise data on the electronic band structure are important for the improvement of the optoelectronic devices. Further it is interesting to investigate the exchange interaction between the free carriers and the paramagnetic Eu-ions in this dilute magnetic IV–VI semiconductor (IV–VI DMS). The question if a molecular field approach for the spin splittings of valence and conduction band is applicable is not answered for all semimagnetic IV–VI compounds. Karczewski and v.Ortenberg  observed a zero field splitting of the energy gap in PbMnS from laser emission experiments. Pascher et al.  found that such a splitting does not exist in PbMnTe.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G.Karczewski, M.v.Ortenberg, Proc. 17th Int. Conf. on the Physics of Semiconductors, ed. J.D.Chadi and W.A.Harrison (Springer, 1985 )Google Scholar
- 3.H.Pascher, P.Röthlein, G.Bauer, L.Palmetshofer, Phys.Rev. B36, 9395 (1987)Google Scholar
- 5.M.S.Adler, C.R.Hewes, S.D.Senturia, Phys. Rev. B7, 186 (1973)Google Scholar
- 6.H.Pascher, G.Bauer, R.Grisar, to be published in Phys. Rev.BGoogle Scholar
- 7.J.Niedwodniczanska- Zawadzka, J.B.Elsinger, L.Palmetshofer, A.Lopez-Otero, E.J.Fantner, G.Bauer, W.Zawadzki, Physica 117&118B,458(1983)Google Scholar
- 8.H.Pascher, P.Röthlein, I.Roschger, G.Bauer, Proc.19thInt Conf. on the Physics of Semiconductors, ed. W.Zawadzki, (1988)Google Scholar