Organization and Research Program of the Netherlands Institute of Primary Health Care
The Netherlands Institute of Primary Health Care is a national institute devoted to health service research in primary health care and its relations to other sectors of health care and the social service sector. As a national institute, independent of interest groups, it is probably unique in Europe. Because of the institute’s unique position we will not only address some substantive results of research in primary health care, but also the organization of health services research in The Netherlands and the organization and research program of The Netherlands Institute of Primary Health Care (NIVEL). We will start this paper at a very general level and then narrow down the subject to the results of a number of our research projects. At the general level the organization of primary health care in The Netherlands will be discussed.
KeywordsGeneral Practitioner Primary Health Care Health Service Research General Practition Hospital Admission Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rutten FFM, Werff van der A (1982) Health policy in The Netherlands at the crossroads. In: McLachlan G, Maynard A (eds) The public/private mix for health. Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 2.Tiddens HA, Heesters JP, Zande van de JM (1984) Health services in The Netherlands. In: Raffel MW (ed) Comparative health systems. Pennsylvania State University Press, University ParkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Boerma WGW, Zee van der J (1983) Health centres and group general practices in The Netherlands. NHI (Netherlands Institute of General Practitioners), UtrechtGoogle Scholar
- 4.Evans RG (1985) The grass on our side is actually quite green: health care funding in Canada. Gezondheid Samenleving 6:245:255Google Scholar
- 5.Bensing JM, Becht-Melai E (1983) A decade of research in primary care in The Netherlands. 1972-1983. NHI (Netherlands Institute of General Practitioners), UtrechtGoogle Scholar
- 6.Sluijs EM, Dopheide JP, Zee van der J (eds) (1985) Overzichtstudie onderzoek eerste lijn (Review study of research in primary care). NIVEL, UtrechtGoogle Scholar
- 7.Bartelds AIM (1986) Annual report: continuous morbidity registration sentinel stations. The Netherlands. NIVEL, UtrechtGoogle Scholar
- 10.Foets MM, Velden van der J, Zee van der J (1986) A national morbidity and interventions survey in general practice. NIVEL, UtrechtGoogle Scholar
- 13.Groenewegen PP (1985) The geographical distribution of general practitioners in The Netherlands; an explanation of regional variation. Paper presented at the 9th International Conference on the Social Science and Medicine, HelsinkiGoogle Scholar
- 14.Hingstman L, Boon H (1986) Regional dispersion of independent professionals in primary care in The Netherlands. Paper presented at the 1st International Conference of Regional Variation in Provision, Utilization and Outcomes of Health Care, CopenhagenGoogle Scholar