Computation of Unsteady Separation Using Lagrangian Procedures
The interaction between increased knowledge of unsteady separation processes and computational techniques is examined, emphasizing the use of Lagrangian coordinates. Examples include boundary layer solutions of two dimensional unsteady flows, and separation from rotating and translating spheres. Advances in Lagrangian techniques for the Navier-Stokes equations are illustrated by means of high resolution random-walk computations of the impulsively started circular cylinder.
KeywordsBoundary Layer Circular Cylinder Boundary Layer Equation External Flow Meridional Plane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Cebeci, T., “Unsteady separation,” in “Proc. Symp. Num. Phys. Aspects Aerod. Flows,” Springer-Verlag 19 82.pp. 265–277.Google Scholar
- 4.Cebeci, T., “Unsteady boundary layers with an intelligent numerical scheme”: private communication 1984.Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, K.C., “On the current controversy about unsteady separation,” in “Proc. Symp. Num. Phys. Aspects Aerod. Flows,” Springer-Verlag 1982.pp. 279–291Google Scholar
- 6.Ingham, D.B., “Unsteady separation,” J. Comp. Phys., to appear.Google Scholar
- 8.Van Dommelen, L.L. and Shen, S.F., “”, “Proc. Symp. Num. Phys. Aspects Aerod. Flows,” Springer-Verlag 1982.pp. 293–311.Google Scholar
- 9.Van Dommelen, L.L., “Unsteady Separation”, Ph.D. thesis, Cornell University, 1981.Google Scholar
- 11.Fritts, M.J., “Two-dimensional Lagrangian fluid dynamics using triangular grids”, in “Finite Difference Techniques for Vectorized Fluid Dynamics Calculations”, (D.L. Book, Ed. ), Springer-Verlag 1981.pp. 98–116.Google Scholar
- 12.Van Dommelen, L.L. and Cowley, S.J., “Lagrangian numerical and analytical description of unsteady boundary layer separation. Part 2”, J. Fluid Mech., in preparation.Google Scholar
- 15.Van Dommelen, L.L., “Vectorized Lagrangian Computation of Unsteady Separation”, AIAA paper 85–1492-CP, 7th Comp. Fluid Dyn. Conf., Cincinnati, Ohio, Aug. 1985.Google Scholar
- 21.Lourenco, L.M., and Krothapalli, A., “Application of PIDV to the study of the flow past a circular cylinder” Proceedings of Third International Symposium on Application of Laser Anemometry to Fluid Mechanics, Lisbon, Portugal,July 1986.Google Scholar
- 22.Thoman, D.C., and Szewczyk, A.A., “Time dependent viscous flow over a circular cylinder”, Phys. Fluids. Suppl. II, 1969. pp. 76–86.Google Scholar