Robotics and Flexible Automation Systems
In previous chapters various aspects of robotics have been studied in detail. Some problems, specific for the application of robotic systems in complex flexible manufacturing, not only in a stand-alone work cell, are also outlined. Awareness that robot ought to be considered as an element of complex automation has been recognized throughout this book.
KeywordsWelding Torque Milling Drilling Editing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ranky, P.G., The Design and Operation of FMS, IFS, Bedford, UK, 1983.Google Scholar
- Koren, Y., Computer Control of Manufacturing Systems, McGraw-Hill, 1983.Google Scholar
- Proceedings V IFAC Symp. on Robotics and Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Susdal, USSR, 1986.Google Scholar
- Pusztai, J., Sava, M., Computer Numerical Control, Prentice-Hall, 1983.Google Scholar
- Miller, A., Automatically Guided Vehicle Systems, IFS, Bedford, UK, 1983.Google Scholar
- Premi, S.K., Besant, C.B., A review of various vehicle guidance techniques that can be used by mobile robots or AGVs; Imperial College Internal Report, London, UK, 1984.Google Scholar
- Morris, H., “Profitable Robotic Work Cell Result From Interconnecting the Islands of Automation”, Control Eng., May 1985.Google Scholar
- Challenges to Control—A Collective View, Report of the Workshop, Santa Clara University, Sept. 18–19, 1986.Google Scholar
- Budnikov, Y.V., Rudnev, V.V., Tal’, A.A., “FIFO Nets and Modelling of Manufacturing Processes in FMS”, Proc. V IFAC Symp. on Robotics and Flex. Man. Systems, Susdal, USSR, 1986.Google Scholar
- Buchanan, B.G., Shortliffe, E.H., Rule-based Expert Systems, Addison-Wesley, 1985.Google Scholar
- Vukobratovié, M., Stokié, D., “A Model-based Expert System for Strategical Control Level of Manipulation Robots”, Proc. of the 5th ROMANSY, Cracow, 1986.Google Scholar
- Anon, “Control of Robot Complexes and Flexible Automated Manufacturing”, in Robots and Flexible Automation Systems, edited by Makarov, I.M., Book 3, Moscow, 1986 (in Russian).Google Scholar