Photometry of P/Halley (1982i)
We report the results of photoelectric observations carried out during several weeks between 1985 September 12, and 1986 June 24. All measurements were made using the standard IAU/IHW cometary filters. Large amplitude night-to-night changes are superimposed on the general trend of slow brightness variation and support a 7 . d 4 period. The changes are seen as smooth variations with a range up to 0.2 mag on time scales of several hours.
Key wordscoma filter photometry continuum neutrals and ions lightcurves P/Halley
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A’Hearn, M.F.: 1986, Photometric Transformations, Inter-national Halley WatchGoogle Scholar
- Communication, January 26, 1986 Cochran, A.L., Barker, E.S.: 1986, 20th ESL AB Symp., ESASP-250, Vol. I, p. 439Google Scholar
- Manfroid, J., Heck, A.: 1983, Astron. Astrohys. 120, 302Google Scholar
- Millis, R.L., Schleicher, D.G.: 1986, Nature 324, 646Google Scholar
- Smith, B. A., Larson, S.M., Szegö, K., Sagdeev, R.Z.: 1987, Nature 326, 573Google Scholar