Flow Visualization in Steel Casting
Using flow visualization, the flow pattern of steel in ingot moulds, pouring tubes and crystallizers, which influences the quality of the casting, was investigated. Some of the results obtained have a broader applicability.
KeywordsPenetration Depth Continuous Casting Flow Visualization Motion Picture Molten Steel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kuncl F.; Hříbal V; Method and equipment of shielding the stream of molten metal against air…….CS Patent Office, AO 226811, March 15, 1984Google Scholar
- 2.Motion picture: “Flow visualization in steel casting” Technical University Prague, K 2 12 0, 1984Google Scholar
- 3.Ježek J.; Flow visualization in continuous steel casting, In W. Merzkirch ed.: Flow visualization II, Proc. 2nd Int. Symp. Bochum, Washington, Hemisphere 1982Google Scholar
- 4.Mills N.T. at all; Method of introducing molten metal into a continuous casting mold; U.S. Patent Office Ho 3,517,726, June 30, 1970Google Scholar
- 5.Ježek J.; Diffuser type submerged tube for continuous casting; submited to Czechoslovak Patent Office, No PV 8231-83, November 8, 1983Google Scholar