Creep Buckling — A General View of the Phenomena
A consistent account of the principal phenomena of creep buckling is presented in relation to a series of simple structural models. Materials with both limited and unlimited creep behaviour are included in this general survey. Two important concepts, introduced in earlier papers, are developed further — that of the locus or surface of elastic critical points at which the creeping structure collapses, and that of the long-term elastic critical load below which a structure of limited creep material is prevented from ever reaching a creep collapse condition. Experimental evidence is presented in support of these, but questions are raised as to the usefulness of the critical point locus/surface concept in relation to statically indeterminate structures.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- HAYMAN, B. 1973, Proc.2nd.Int.Conf. on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology, V Paper L5/4 (ed. T.A. Jaeger).Google Scholar
- HAYMAN, B., 1979, Proc. 7th Canadian Congress of Applied Mechanics, 1, 227 (eds.F. Ellyin and K.W. Neale).Google Scholar
- HOFF, N.J. 1968a, In Engineering Plasticity (eds. J. Heyman and F.A. Leckie). Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- HOFF, N.J. 1971, Stanford University Dept. of Aeronautics and Astronautics report SUDAAR No. 434. Also in Contributions to the theory of aircraft structures, pp 277–303. Delft University Press (1972)Google Scholar
- HULT, J. 1962, Proc.IUTM Colloquim on Creep in Structures, Stanford University 1960 (ed. N.J. Hoff). Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- LEVI, I and HOFF, N.J., 1972, Proc.2nd ITAH Symposium on Creep in Structures, Gothenberg 1970 (ed. J. Hult). Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- SAMUELSON, L. Å., 1972 Proc.2nd IUTAM Symposium on Creep in Structures, Gothenberg 1970 (ed. J. Hult) Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- VINOGRADOV, A.M. and GLOCKNER, P.G., 1978a, Proc.IASS Symposium on Nonlinear Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Sp. atial Structures, Darmstadt 19780, 2, 189 (ed. G. Melhorn, H. Rühle, W. Zerna). Werneerlag, Düsseldorf.Google Scholar
- VINOGRADOV, A.M. and GLOCKNER, P.G., 1978b ASCF. Conyention and Exposition, Chicago, Preprint No. 3414.Google Scholar
- VINOGRADOV, A.M. and GLOCKNER, P.G., 1980 J. Struct. Div. ASCE, 106, ST1, 59.Google Scholar