Clinical Predictive Criteria for Response to Endocrine Treatment and the Receptor Status
Oestrogen receptors have a well-established value in prediction of the response to endocrine treatment in advanced breast cancer. Recent data have given evidence that the receptor status could also be of value for predicting the chemotherapeutic effect. This was first pointed out by Lippman et al. (1978). A similar trend had been observed in the prospective trial being conducted by King (1978) and our own data also give the same impression (Jonat and Maass, 1978) (Table 1).
KeywordsBreast Cancer Estrogen Receptor Metastatic Breast Cancer Endocrine Treatment Receptor Status
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cooperative Breast Cancer Group: Progress report: Results of studies of the Cooperative Breast Cancer Group 1961–1963. Cancer Chemother. Rep. 41, 1 (1964)Google Scholar
- Jensen, E.: Presented at the First Innsbruck Winter Conference on Biochemistry in Clinical Medicine, Jan. 1978. Innsbruck, Austria (to be published)Google Scholar
- King, R.: Presented at the First Innsbruck Winter Conference on Biochemistry in Clinical Medicine. Jan. 1978 Innsbruck, Austria (to be published)Google Scholar
- Korsten, G. B., Engelsman, E., Persijn, J. P.: Clinical value of estrogen receptors in advanced breast cancer. In: Estrogen receptors in human breast cancer. McGuire, W. L., Carbone, P. P., Vollmer, E. P. (eds.), pp. 93–105. New York: Raven Press 1974Google Scholar
- Leung, S. B., Moseley, H. S., Davenport, C. E., Krippaehne, W. W., Fletcher, W. S.: Estrogen receptor in prediction of clinical responses to endocrine ablation. In: Estrogen receptors in human breast cancer. McGuire, W. L., Carbone, P. P., Vollmer, E. P. (eds.), pp. 107–129. New York: Raven Press 1974Google Scholar
- Lippman, M. E., Allegra, J. C., Thompson, E. B., Simon, R., Barlock, A., Green, R. N. L., Huff, K. K., Do, H. M. T., Aitken, S. C., Warren, R.: The relation between estrogen receptors and response rate to cytotoxic chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancer. N. Engl. J. Med. 298, 1223–1228 (1978)PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar