Future Developments in Adjuvant and Palliative Systemic Endocrine Therapies
- 10 Downloads
The World Overview of adjuvant trials for early breast cancer published in the Lancet in January 1992 (Early Breast Cancer Trialists’ Collaborative Group 1992) provided us with secure data to allow the rational employment of adjuvant systemic chemotherapy and endocrine therapy. The World Overview also set the agenda for the next decade of clinical trials in the management of early breast cancer. A whole raft of new questions has been defined concerning the role of endocrine manipulation in both pre- and post-menopausal women.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Badwe RA, Gregory WM, Cahudary MA et al (1994) Timing of surgery during menstrual cycle and survival of premenopausal women with operable breast cancer. Lancet 1: 1261–1264Google Scholar
- Benson JR, Wakefield LM, Sporn MB et al (1993) Secretion of TGFß isoforms by primary cultures of human breast tumour fibroblasts in vitro and their modulation by tamoxifen (Abstr). Breast Cancer Res Treat 27: (1/2): 163Google Scholar
- DeFriend D, Blarney RE, Robertson JF, Walton P, Howell A (1993) Response to the pure anti-oestrogen ICI 182,780 after Tamoxifen failure in advanced breast cancer (Abst). Breast Cancer Res Treat 27 (1/2): 136Google Scholar
- Early Breast Cancer Trialists’ Collaborative Group (1992) Systemic treatment of early breast cancer by hormonal, cytotoxic, or immune therapy. 133 randomised trials involving 31000 recurrences and 24000 deaths among 75000 women. Lancet 339: (8784): 1–15;Google Scholar
- Early Breast Cancer Trialists’ Collaborative Group (1992) Systemic treatment of early breast cancer by hormonal, cytotoxic, or immune therapy. 133 randomised trials involving 31000 recurrences and 24000 deaths among 75000 women. Lancet 339 (8785): 71–85Google Scholar
- Folkman J: Tumor angiogenesis. In: Mendelsohn J, Howley P, Liotta L, Israel M, eds. The Molecular Basis of Cancer, W B Saunders Company, Philadelphia, in press (1994)Google Scholar
- Jordan VC (ed) (1994) Long-term Tamoxifen therapy for breast cancer. University of Wisconsin Press, MadisonGoogle Scholar
- Lippman ME. New Approaches in Diagnosing and Treating Breast Cancer Conference organised by Cambridge Healthtech Institute. Philadelphia November 1994Google Scholar
- Myall Y, Shiu RPC, Bhaumick, B, (1984) Receptor binding and growth promoting activity of insulin-like growth factors in human breast cancer cells (T47D) in culture. Cancer Res 44: 5486–5490Google Scholar
- Nolvadex Adjuvant Trial Organisation (1987) Controlled trial of tamoxifen as a single adjuvant agent in the management of early breast cancer. Br J Cancer 54: 608–611Google Scholar
- Shultz GS and Grant MB: Neovascular growth factors. Eye (London) 5: 178–180, 1991Google Scholar