Cluster preformation in closed- and mid-shell nuclei
By using our semiclassical method to estimate the preformation probability of the touching point configuration as the penetrability of the inner part of the barrier, it is shown that this quantity is strongly dependent on the nuclear structure. We are illustrating this dependence by comparing the low probability of cluster preformation in a doubly magic nucleus 208Pb, with much higher values obtained in a heavier parent nucleus leading to 208Pb heavy fragment, for different emitted clusters like 4He, 12C, 20Ne, 24Mg, etc.
- 1.Poenaru, D.N., Greiner, W. (eds) Nuclear Decay Modes (to be published)Google Scholar
- 3.Hourani, E.: Chap.6 in Google Scholar
- 4.Bonetti, R., Guglielmetti, A.: Chap.7 in Google Scholar
- 5.Broglia, R.A.: Present conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 8.Blendowske, R., Fliessbach, T., Walliser, H.: Chap.5 in Google Scholar